Give Away Used Clothes and Toys

I was wondering what I can do with my sons toys and clothes he has out grown. I have boxes and boxes of both, in good condition. Is there a charity that accepts used toys? Is that a second hand store that will sell the ideas for me? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi K.! We donate to CASS's Vista Colina emergency family shelter. If you google it, you should easily find the website.

I agree with the other mom's about donating to one of the domestic violence shelters - Chrysalis or Sojourner center. Also, I know that St. Vincent de Paul is in desperate need of items for children. Right now with our economy so bad, many parents cannot afford gifts for their children this holiday season. St Vincent de Paul helps families have a Christmas.

If you want to sell the items, I recommend Kid to Kid in Peoria.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Take them to Once Upon a Child on Alma School and Warner or another location on Baseline just west of ValVista in Gilbert. They'll give you cash, but take in early. They don't accept any "buys" beyond 2PM typically. Also, donate toys to Savers on Power and Baseline (behind Arby's) and you'll get a tax donation receipt along with a coupon for merchandise in the store. There are loads of wonderful items and clothing in there for your kids or you. Another store is on CClb and no. of Ray, but not as nice stuff inside.
Have fun!

Try a site called GumdropSwap (http://gumdropswap.com). You can swap from anywhere in the US by sending the clothes your kids outgrow to this kids boutique in CT. An option if you want to get some value out of all the money you spent instead of flat out donating. As long your things are in good condition they don't turn down anything because of brand, size or season. They take everything unlike resale store like Once Upon a Child! They give you points to shop on the website and send the clothes that fit your kids. It's great if you don't have time, patience or know how to do consignment, Ebay, craigslist, tag sale, etc.

pick your city and give back to your local community at:

http://www.freecycle.org

try one of the homeless shelters or shelters for domestic violence:

www.cass-az.org

http://www.azcadv.org/

http://www.chrysalis-shelter.org/

This time of year there are several charities that you can donate to. I know that other mother's is a second hand store and will actually give you credit to their store when you donate. The credit is only on the items they decide to keep. Also, there is a locate charity called Kids Camp USA (kidscampusa.org) and they help out under privileged children. They except all kinds of donation. Hope that this helps. Thank you for giving! It is great to hear that they are so people willing to give. Have a wonderful day!

my kids are 12, 9 and 6 and I recently over the last 2 years have majorly been downsizing. I give all our stuff to Good Will. I have a box I keep in the laundry room and as I sort thru clothes after they are washed, I throw them in there and any toys I notice they don't play with, etc. Then when the box is full, we drive it to the closest Good Will and drop it off. Even my fiance and my stuff go in there. I tried to save everything to have a garage sale but then I had to store it til I was ready and then people only wanted to pay 10 cents for good stuff so it stressed me out more than it was worth. I say just take it to Good Will. Good Luck!

1 / 3