Getaway with My Husband

My husband and I really need a break from the kids. Any suggestions for a long weekend in the bay area or a short drive away?

Thank you all so much for the wonderful suggestions. We now have ideas for many trips to come.

We like Calistoga, a nice soak in a hot spring pool, nice dinner out, very relaxing. We also enjoy Carmel, strolling on the beach, shopping in the shops and galleries, and dining out. I'm interested to hear what others suggested.

This sounds crazy, but we live in Willow Glen and have 2 wonderful boys, 16 months apart (almost 3 and 20 months)
we go the the hotel Los Gatos to get away for a night. It is really nice and you feel like you are away, even though you don't have to drive that far. The rooms, room service and staff are great and the prices are not that bad.

The Heritage House in Mendocino! My DH took me for my birthday, it was the most relaxing, eautiful weekend get-away.

Well I guess it depends on how far you want to drive and what you would like to do. Is a 3 hour drive away too much because I just got back from Sacramento and it was great. Of course I went to an Air Show with my husband and kids but I am sure there is more to do there. Or you can try Morro Bay..it is beautiful down there. Of course get a hotel before you go there because they might book up fast. I hope this helps. Or if you like wine they have wine tasting in paso robles.

Hi H.!

Ahhh! That would be sooooo nice!

My FAVORITE place to go when we can finally get away is in Carmel. Carmel Vally Ranch is the name of the place. It can be VERY pricey, but if you can afford it, it's well worth the cost. You can have your own private Jacuzzi on your patio. Each "suite" is very secluded, so it's extremely private and quiet.

There are too many pluses to mention, but when my husband and I get away for 2 nights at this place, it feels like we've been away for a week!

Wherever you go, have a great time! I will be sitting here in my "mom clothes" thinking about you!

:o) N.

Dear H.-
My husband and I just had a getaway for our 3rd anniversary (baby girl is 6 months) and we went to Sausalito. It is on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is an artsy little town with a cute downtown and fun stuff to do: visit muir woods, shop in an outdoor mall in a nearby town, drive the 5-10 minute drive into the city, and see the beautiful bay. I highly recommend the Spinaker restaurant. It is right on the water, 3 sides of glass in the dining room, with great views of the bay and wonderful seafood. It is so important to have regular getaways, as you know, to keep your sanity, even if it's just getting someone to watch the kids for an afternoon and go for a long walk together. Have a fun date weekend!

my husband and I love the cozy tent-cabins at
http://www.costanoa.com

Napa Valley...beautiful, relaxing, romantic and great food. What more could you ask for?

How about Calistoga or St. Helena? Not too far and the drive is beautiful!

My favorite place is Half Moon Bay... get a room at a bed & bath right on the ocean... romantic and relaxing. You can visit Princeton by the Sea during the day. Other nice places are Jackson or Sutter Creek. Wherever you go... it will be good to be without the kids and just spending time with each other.

1 / 3