Family Friendly

Hi, I'm a single mom of a 20 month old and just moved here around 4 months ago. My daughter is very loud and excitable and sometimes I feel like we are not welcomed in some restaurants. I am not a fastfood person and like getting out at times. What are the family friendly restaurants in town that do not consist of McDonalds or Burger King?

Thanks for the great advice! I will try some of these places soon. It will be nice to dine out without feeling like the whole place is watching - actually glaring at you! LOL.

HAVE YOU TRIED TAKING HER TO CHUCKY CHEESE YET AND JUST LETTING HER GO FOR HERSELF. SHE'S JUST A HYPER CHILD RIGHT NOW SHE WILL GROW OUT OF THAT AS SHE GETS' OLDER! TGI-FRIDAYS' HAVE A NICE LITTLE DINNING AREA WERE THEY DO HAVE A TV INSIDE THE BOOTHS TRY THAT AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a an extremely excitable 4 year old, so I can relate to your discomfort in eating out. I, too, like to eat out and the only way our children are going to learn is to take them with us and teach them. Some of the restaurants I go to that are "kid friendly" are Duffy's in St. Lucie West, Ruby Tuesday's in St. Lucie West, Olive Garden in Jensen and Big Apple Pizza. Of course you always have Perkins and Denny's. But, mainly we go to Duffy's. It's a sports bar/restaurant and very family oriented. Hope this helps.

Friendly's is wonderful and they have a great kids menu, another place we go is RJ Gators...the kids love it, lots to see and the staff is used to kids.

Hurricane Wings is awesome with my two kids who have never behaved in a restaurant. It's really casual and has lively decorations and TVs. Everyone is great with the kids and don't mind the noise and mess! I love their kids menu. Also, Red Lobster in Jensen Beach was really good with my children. Everywhere else I get the horrible looks from employees and customers!! Good luck.
PS I usually don't go after 8 pm with the kids.

1 / 3