Moving to PSL, Pregnant and Seeking a Great OBGYN

Can anyone refer me to a great OBGYN in PSL? My husband and I are moving in mid April and I am 6 months pregnant with my first. I would prefer to have a female OBGYN, but would appreciate any and all recommendations. Also any insight to the hospital/med centers would be great too. I have Aetna insurance which covers just about everyone- so that shouldn't be an issue. Moving while pregnant is nerve wracking! Thank you all in advance.

I had the same situation 3 years ago. I moved to PSL while 6 months preggo with my daughter. I am absolutly in love with Coastal OB/GYN. ###-###-####. It is a husband and wife team, Dr. Ross and Dr Yoo. I used the midwife, Lisa Mallard and wouldn't have it any other way. I am pregnant with #2 and enjoy going to Lisa again.

First of all, congratulations on your new addition. I have lived in PSL for about 4 years and was pregnant with my daughter shortly after I moved here. I was recommended to Physicians to Women by several associates. They have several doctors and mid wives, both men and women. I have nothing but good things to say about this practice. Their office is based in Stuart, off Kanner Highway. However, they have recently opened a new office in St. Lucie West, off of Prima Vista. They have great doctors and nurses and have a convienent website for FAQs and self scheduling. They deliver at Martin Memorial Hospital in Stuart. You can go on their website, www. physicianstowomen.com for more info. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

I live in PSL and had my son here _the two hospitals are Port St. Lucie and Martin Memorial - while Martin is further away they have a NICU and PSL does not, so for me that was an easy choice. Women's Health Specialists in Jensen Beach is the ob/gyn group everyone I know uses and loves. They have many female doctors, some men and 3 female midwives. Dr. Michaud is a great female doctor and Barbara MCCarthy is a wonderful midwife who wound up delivering my son and is who I see now for anual visits.

Unless you live in eastern PSL, both hospitals are kind of a far drive if you live out west (near 95, in Tradition or in Saint Lucie West), so the extra 10 minutes of driving to get to Martin are worth it. You will also find that most things related to babies, many of the pediatricians and medical buildings around are all affiliated with Martin Memorial, and they are building another hospital out west in Tradition but it's not going to be ready in time for this baby -maybe the next one!

There is another big practice called Physicians to Women that has a location in Stuart and a new one in Saint Lucie West -I have heard both good and bad things about them, but it's another option to explore.

Good luck choosing a Dr. and with your labor :)

D. K.

T., this is from a younger friend of mine who is into these life situations (I just turned 70, so long past this).
When you come to PSL, look up Sunlight Community Church on Cashmere Blvd behind Home Depot. A fun church with a great young pastor. My name is M. Costa and I am currently a deacon at Sunlight. Looking forward to meeting you!

"I saw Alison Blomer (Women's Health Specialists in Jensen Beach) for 8
years and liked her very much - she delivered Brendan. However, she's
very busy and I found that I had to make appointments 3+ months ahead
of time to get in to see her. I'm sure it's a little better when
you're pregnant though! (I liked all the doctors in that practice
except Dr. Murray Dweck). The midwives in this practice are also great.

I recently switched to Dr. Clouser / Physicians to Women in St. Lucie
West (across the street from Wal-Mart)
http://www.physicianstowomen.com/
Phone: ###-###-####

I also like him very much and found his scheduling much more
accommodating."

T. I have been seeing a wonderful female OBGYN for the past year. She is DR. Grace Yoo 1850 Fountainview BLVD #104
###-###-####. Hope your move goes well.
M. W.

I just moved to PSL last Sept. so I had to gather a lot of info to on doctors etc. I have a 18 month old. So far from what I have heard the best place is Women's Health Services in Jensen Beach. I'm in a mom's group and everyone raves about their midwives. 3 of them there deliver and they are all female. They have regular doctors too but none of the female ones deliver but I heard they are good too.
The best hospital around here is Martin Memerial in Stuart which is about 25 minutes away. The other 2 hospitals ST Lucie Hospital is the closest and they would be 2nd choice. Then there is Lawnwood and that would be my 3rd choice.
I hope this helps.
Where up north did you live? I'm from Michigan but we moved here from Ohio after living there for the last 6 years.

I have heard nice things about the doctors referred to in previous posts. If you have considered other options, there are several home-birth midwives in the area too.
We had our baby at home last summer and I would never go to a hospital again for birth. If you are having a normal pregnancy, consider it.
A couple of the midwives are:
Jyl Krentz, CNM ###-###-####
Kim Lukot, LM, RN ###-###-####
Alanna Rubin,LM - I don't have her number, but think she's listed.

Good luck with the move and the baby.

Hospital near Port St Lucie
local.yahoo.com
Port St Lucie Hospital
###-###-#### - 2550 Se Walton Rd, Port St Lucie, FL
Get DirectionsOfficial site
St Lucie Medical Center - (3)
###-###-#### - 1800 Se T. Ave, Port St Lucie, FL
Get DirectionsReviewsOfficial site
Martin Memorial Hospital
###-###-#### - 2125 Se Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL
Get Directions
More Results...

1 / 3