Faint Positive Preg Test

I took a EPT this morning and got a very faint positive line. Does this mean I am pregnant? I am going to take another tomorrow, but if anyone else had the same experience, please let me know what happened. I am so excited I can hardly think straight, but I also don't want to get my hopes up. My husband and I tried for such a long time and I had some heath problems. I had given up and got back on the pill mostly just to regulate my period, but now I am in better physical shape than I have been in in a long time so I thought we should try again. This is my first month off the pill, so I am not exactly sure when my period is due, but today is day 28 so it would have to be any day now. Plus, I really do have a feeling that I am pregnant, but again don't want to get my hopes up. What do you all think?

Wow! I can't believe how many responses I got. I took another test this morning and it was even a little darker than yesterday. I called the doctor this morning and made an appointment for tomorrow so she can confirm. Thank you all so much for your answers and well-wishes! I'll update again after tomorrow's appointment. :)

I just came back from the doctor's appointment..and I am pregnant! I am so excited and still a little in shock also. Thank you all for your well-wishes.

I would say YES you are and congratulations! Why not go get another one today and try it? Excitement is going to overwhelm you. :) Congratulations again!!!

if there is a line then you are pregnant! Congrats! With both my pregnancies I can't wait that long and always take my test pretty early and like you the line is very faint but any line no matter how faint is a positive!

Congrats mama!!! I have taken like 60 pregnancy tests over the years of conceiving 3 children and a faint line is a positive result. Especially on a brand like ept or first response. Some cheaper tests have an evaporation line that can show up after a long period of time but the line looks like a shadow and has no color to it. Excited for you!!!! :)

I dont want to be the only downer here,the only negative response BUT I too had a VERY faint line. Dr. confirmed a pregnancy and at my 2nd appt was told I had a blighted Ovum. Which is where the egg sac is empty. I was told this is natures way of taking care of a defective egg/embryo.Was devastating to me as we had been trying for years. I hope this is not the case for you and probably isnt. Just saying that a faint line does not always result in a pregnancy as you have been told. Good Luck andhope that you are truly pregnant.
p.s. I did get pregnant about a year later. :O)

You are pregnant!!! Even a faint line is a positive result. Same thing happened to me. Congrats!! Go ahead and call your doctor, you are pregnant!

I had a very faint posotive and im 13weeks pregnant ....Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congratulations on your pregnancyr, S.! (And yes, you are pregnant!) Start your prenatal vitamins TODAY - the ones with folic acid to help prevent spina bifida and some cleft palates. (Ask the pharmacist for the best brand.) As close to conception as possible (ideally before trying to get pregnant) is when you need the folic acid.

All my best,

You are pregnant, congrads!

According to my fertility doctor you are most fertile the first three months after getting off of the BC pills, so that worked out great for you guys!

A faint line is still a line - you're pregnant! Congratulations! :)

Sounds like you are pregnant, congrats! I've always read that the faintest positive is a positive. Call your doctor!

You are pregnant congrats.

Sending good thoughts your way.

While its my opinion that in your case, a line is a line, without regard to faintness... If you want to compare your result, I would suggest you visit http://peeonastick.com. Also, If you want a "more sure result", try the Clear Blue Easy digital test.

I too, received a very faint positive result, so faint that I had thrown it away thinking it was negative. That afternoon I came home from work and decided to take another one (I had that feeling). It came back positive (still faint), so I pulled the other one out of the waste basket and sure enough it did read positive. It was very early on but those hormones are undeniable.
Go ahead and take another one to confirm. I know you are very excited, as was I. Do what your heart tells you to do! Let us know too! Yay for you!

My first home test was very faint. I couldn't handle the pressure and went to a walk-in clinic to have a blood test performed, and was pregnant! It sounds like you are! If there is a walk-in clinic you can get to, go have a blood test done. If not, take another test in the morning. If you get another faint line, you can bet you are definitely pregnant.
Good luck! And please keep us posted when you find out for sure!!!

I am sure that it does!!! Congratulations.

Yep----Any line is positive, no matter how faint (but you have to make sure you read it in the time slot they said to read it) t!! Id take another just to be sure or go to the doc! Congrats!

I know they're a bit more pricey- but use a digital test. I had a 'faint positive' on regular ept with both my past pregnancies. Then I has a 'faint positive' but when I took the digital it was negative and a few days later I got my period. A digital test will let you know for sure and is cheaper than going to the doctor to get a blood test. I reccomend the "Clear Blue" brand! Good luck!

Awwwww! So exciting! It's far more common to get a false negative than a false positive. If you are seeing a faint line, that suggests that there IS HcG (pregnancy hormone) in your urine, which would indicate that you are pregnant!!

Saying a little prayer for you and keeping my fingers crossed too!

I have a very faint line growing in my belly right now! Infact it was so faint I took the test again a few days later and it got lighter and lighter to the last one being non existant. My doctor told me it doesn't matter how faint or dark the line, those test simply test for the hormone and the dark or faint is only in reference to how concentrated your urine is with that hormone. One test with a faint line is enough...Time to call the doctor and make your first of many appointments. Congratulations! :)

With my 3rd pregnancy I had a VERY very faint posotive. Even when I went into my OB's office to take another one to confirm the pregnancy, the nurse could barely see the posotive and actually had to get a second opinion from another nurse to confirm! I was just very early in my pregnancy but delivered a beautiful healthy baby boy 9 months later. I was very nervous I would miscarry with having such a faint posotive, I have in the past, but everything was fine. Once we did blood work and got the HCG levels back, it told me I was only about 2-3 weeks pregnant. So if you see a posotive, even if it's faint, you can definitely get excited because you are VERY pregnant. Congratulations!!

2 of mine were very, very faint....I say you are pregnant! I always peed on another stick too...just to be sure, but I say...yes!

congratulation! yes it means you are pregnant its just that it is a little early thats why it shows up light. Try in a week if you want to be sure by then it should show up brighter color. I know because it happen to me twice in my pregnancy.

Assuming you're not taking any kind of medication with HcG.. which I assume you would know if you were. If you got a line within the normal allotted time -- you're pregnant. Some of my first lines were so light I thought my eyes were tricking me. Just a warning - if you let the test sit for hours and came back to find a line, those are called "evaporation lines" and are not a positive.

Good luck and congrats!

From my experience positive is positive no matter how faint unless you are taking certain types of medications that may affect it. Good luck and fingers crossed!

False positives are rare, hormone levels have to reach a certain point before the test detects them. Wait a couple days and take another one, but it's likely you are. It's more common to get false negatives because hormone levels are low. I had two negative tests my second pregnancy before I finally had a positive one.

Most likely, yes. I'd start taking pre-natal vitamins (if you have not already begun). Be sure to let us know!!

I would take the other test tomorrow just to make sure your eyes werent playing tricks on you. With both of my pregnancies I only got a faint line on the tests, even after waiting 3 days. Just be on the safe side and retest tomorrow. Good luck and God Bless.