Faint Positive Preg Test

I took a EPT this morning and got a very faint positive line. Does this mean I am pregnant? I am going to take another tomorrow, but if anyone else had the same experience, please let me know what happened. I am so excited I can hardly think straight, but I also don't want to get my hopes up. My husband and I tried for such a long time and I had some heath problems. I had given up and got back on the pill mostly just to regulate my period, but now I am in better physical shape than I have been in in a long time so I thought we should try again. This is my first month off the pill, so I am not exactly sure when my period is due, but today is day 28 so it would have to be any day now. Plus, I really do have a feeling that I am pregnant, but again don't want to get my hopes up. What do you all think?

Wow! I can't believe how many responses I got. I took another test this morning and it was even a little darker than yesterday. I called the doctor this morning and made an appointment for tomorrow so she can confirm. Thank you all so much for your answers and well-wishes! I'll update again after tomorrow's appointment. :)

I just came back from the doctor's appointment..and I am pregnant! I am so excited and still a little in shock also. Thank you all for your well-wishes.

I would say YES you are and congratulations! Why not go get another one today and try it? Excitement is going to overwhelm you. :) Congratulations again!!!

if there is a line then you are pregnant! Congrats! With both my pregnancies I can't wait that long and always take my test pretty early and like you the line is very faint but any line no matter how faint is a positive!

Congrats mama!!! I have taken like 60 pregnancy tests over the years of conceiving 3 children and a faint line is a positive result. Especially on a brand like ept or first response. Some cheaper tests have an evaporation line that can show up after a long period of time but the line looks like a shadow and has no color to it. Excited for you!!!! :)

I dont want to be the only downer here,the only negative response BUT I too had a VERY faint line. Dr. confirmed a pregnancy and at my 2nd appt was told I had a blighted Ovum. Which is where the egg sac is empty. I was told this is natures way of taking care of a defective egg/embryo.Was devastating to me as we had been trying for years. I hope this is not the case for you and probably isnt. Just saying that a faint line does not always result in a pregnancy as you have been told. Good Luck andhope that you are truly pregnant.
p.s. I did get pregnant about a year later. :O)

You are pregnant!!! Even a faint line is a positive result. Same thing happened to me. Congrats!! Go ahead and call your doctor, you are pregnant!

I had a very faint posotive and im 13weeks pregnant ....Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congratulations on your pregnancyr, S.! (And yes, you are pregnant!) Start your prenatal vitamins TODAY - the ones with folic acid to help prevent spina bifida and some cleft palates. (Ask the pharmacist for the best brand.) As close to conception as possible (ideally before trying to get pregnant) is when you need the folic acid.

All my best,

You are pregnant, congrads!

According to my fertility doctor you are most fertile the first three months after getting off of the BC pills, so that worked out great for you guys!

A faint line is still a line - you're pregnant! Congratulations! :)

1 / 3