Anyone Who Has Taken a Pregnancy Test

Sunday night i took a pregnancy test, it said if you see a PLUS sign in the window your probly pregnant. Well I saw a PLUS sign but the Vertical line was really dark and the horizontal line was very, very light, but visible. We waited until this morning and took another test from same package, same results as the first. Am I pregnant? the instructions on the box are very confusing to me they say the lines can very in shade but they only talk about the verticle line being light and it was my horizontal line that was light? If i haven't confused you too bad and you have any advice for me please help!! I made an appt for friday with my doctor to confirm this but I've ben trying to conceive for 15 months and I'm am very anxious at this point. thanks in advance for your advice and help!!

I went in on friday where they confirmed we are expecting a new little one!! We are 7 weeks along and are very excited. I did have all the symptoms of pregnancy but, with my luck I figured I was just getting the flu and then I got a cold. My 5 year old is so happy to finally be a big sister. Thanks to all of you who gave me such great support and advice. This is truly the best place to go for support!!

Yes you probably are. I had the same situation and the reason it was lighter was because when I went to the doctor I found out I was only 4 weeks pregnant. Normally you are not able to tell that soon but some of us have that joy. Congrats!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU ARE MOST DEFINATELY PREGNANT!! This same exact thing happened to me. ANY line at all is pregnant! I had to squint to see that there was a line on mine. By the way.. the faint line doesn't mean there are problems.. I had a very healthy baby girl! I am so stinkin excited for you, and I don't even know you!

Keep us posted!

J. L,

I had the same thing happen just recently! I took a test and the pregnant line was very light and the other line was very dark. The lines can vary in shade and I am definitely pregnant (thank you morning sickness) SO CONGRATS!!!!!!! how exciting!!!!!!!!!

the line doesn't have to be the same color as the verticle line, and you know what they say, a line is a line :) so CONGRATS! We tried for a long time with both of our daughters, so I have taken MANY MANY pregnancy tests :)You can also call your Dr. to get a beta done just to make sure. Good luck!
Guess I should have read further! CONGRATS :)

As my doctor said to me when I got pregnant for the first time... "it there is a positive sign/two lines your pregnant." The test result may give you a false negative but never a false positive and I have a four year old now to prove she was right. I would be very shocked if you weren't pregnant.

I agree with the rest of the women, mine was the same way! CONGRATS MOMMY!

I had a similar thing happen and I WAS pregnant, so my guess is that you are too - congrats! For my 2nd pregnancy I took a prenancy test that actually said "YES" or "NO", much less confusing than the lines :)
H.

Keep us posted!

Hi J.! The same thing happened to me and I took 4 pregnancy tests! I went to the doc and did find out that I WAS pregnant. I'm hoping the same happens to you! Good Luck and hang in there. I'm sure Friday seems like it's a year away!
:)

I would say that you are. It takes a certain hormone to make that line. Take the positive stick with you to the Dr. just in case your urine test comes out negative. The Dr. tests aren't as sensitive as the home tests. If you get a neg. urine test they can do blood. That's what I had to do.
Best of luck,

I would say you are so ill say congrats usually if there is any kind of line it means u are. good luck dont want to wait for your apptment go to planned parenthood they do free pregnancy tests:)

1 / 3