Easter Basket Ideas??

Hey Mamas! I was looking for ideas of what to put inside my 18 month old sons Easter Basket for Easter.. Right now I have the basket, some chalk, and a coloring book....and thats it.. What kind of stuff would be age appropriate with out spending way too much?? Any ideas are much appriciated! :)

Hi, S., I too am putting together an Easter basket for my 18 month old. I'm sure there are some wonderful ideas already mentioned and look forward to reading everyone else's suggestions. I haven't read the responses yet so sorry if there are repeats in some of the things I've brainstormed based on my son's interests recently.

Child size watering can (can be used as the actual basket also)
Stickers of all kinds - animals, Easter themes, etc.
Bubbles (for us, replacing the bubble fluid)
Child size sunglasses
Pail and Shovel set (pail could also be used as actual basket)
finger paints
rubber ducky family for bath time

Have fun pulling things together....

My son loved (and still loves) the plastic Easter eggs themselves!

Bubbles bubbles bubbles
there are trucks and cars just a little larger than matchbox cars-walmart
firetruck helicopter a building toy like super lego or blocks that you can add more over the years
books about boy stuff.

I didn't read your other responses so sorry if this is a repeat. I put a little candy at that age, but I did a montly arts-and-crafts theme. At that point, she didn't have a lot of arts and crafts, so I put in washable Crayola paints, a paint-brush variety pack, construction paper, the big box of crayons, stickers and some coloring books. She loved it and still uses some of the stuff to this day (she's 3.5).

I found some cute plastic eggs at Target filled with various toys. They were a pack of 6 eggs in the Easter section. I picked ones that had 'The Little People' in them (one character per egg) but they also had Sesame Street and a few others? My daughter is 14 months, so I was struggling with the same thing. Books are another idea?

BUBBLES!!! He will love to chase them and watch them as you make them. Walmart has these great bubble wands right now in all different colors for $1.00, and you just wave the wand and it makes lots of big bubbles.

One year, I made a little plasic red wagon the "basket" for my son when he was about that age, and he loved pulling it, packing things into it, and trying to climb into it.

Little books are great too. Have fun.

Check out the dollar bins at Target - they are great! I bought little bunny ears for $1 and they are always cute for pictures. Little whistles, new sippy cup, new outfit for spring. If you want to do healthy snacks, my kids at that age (and even now) love raisins (or raisinets if you want to add some chocolate), dried fruit (like apricots and plums), little snack bags of teddy grahams..... The $1 bins at Target also have tiny stuffed animals. Just make sure you don't get anything that could be a choking hazard but at this age, they are learning not to put as many things in their mouth. Best wishes! Your son will love whatever you give him!
E.

I know someone else within the responses asked for help as well. My daughter will be 21 months by Easter. I’m making her basket myself (a Hello Kitty theme and I got everything from H&M and Walmart)

Hello Kitty barrettes (you can put cars)
Hello Kitty water bottle (you can use a sippy cup if your child isn’t ready for a water bottle)
gold fish
fruit snacks
Hello Kitty sun hat
bubbles
board book about Easter
Hello Kitty coloring book
color wonders (so she wouldn’t draw on the walls and carpet)
fruit leather (almost like a fruit roll up – Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods for $.49 ea)
a build a bear (which I redeemed her pamper points for a gift card)
hello kitty slippers
Gerber Crunchies
Hansen’s Organic fruit juice box
Plastic Jumbo Easter eggs filled with stickers
Pack of plant seeds

go to McDonald’s you can purchase the toys that are in the Happy Meals for $2.00)

Hope this help!

1 / 3