Easter Basket Ideas for 2 Yr Old

Hello All, I'm trying to put an Easter basket together for my 2.5yr old daughter, and was planning on having a few items hidden around for her to hunt along with eggs. Problem is we don't do any candies, and when I go out to the stores all I see is loads and loads of candy! Things I have already are just little nick nack toys, coloring book etc.. What are all of you doing? I'd like to have maybe something creative and memorable, but I'm drawing a blank! All ideas welcome! Thank you Moms!

A have a couple of neices and nephews and I now have a 22 month old little girl. My sister and mom started years ago with each Easter the kids get new bathing suits and towel in there Easter Baskets. This is also the start of the summer season so a great time for the bath suit. The kids look forward to each year getting there bathing suits and towels and flip flops. Just an ideal and something that you can continue each year! Good Luck and Happy Easter!

Hmmm... It's really cool you're trying for something other than "just candy"! Maybe art supplies, or play-dough in Easter colors? A stuffed bunny? DVDs of Easter movies or cartoons? Just ideas... I'm sure you'll make a great basket!

Plastic eggs filled with goldfish, teddy grahams, dry cereal, gummy fruit , raisins, stickers, temp tattoos. Then do a book about Easter, some bubbles and bubble makers maybe a sun hat and sunglasses..

Can't remember the name of the web site but it is healthy
Easter baskets. Just google it and you should find everything you want.
I always let my girls have the candy because they would only eat a few pieces and we would end up giving the rest away. They never really were into eating candy. My vegetarian friend did her daughters Easter basket really cute. She did fancy cut carrots to put in the basket, she used spinach leaves instead of the Easter grass. Then added the colored eggs, an orange, apple and some grapes. Got a cute little stuffed bunny to stick in the middle and put a carrot so it looked like the bunny was eating it. She even took a bite out of the end to make it more real. It was super cute.

Books, crayons, hair clips, a new toothbrush, banana and apple chips, dried apricots, a cute little bracelet, new socks....She's 2-1/2. She'll have fun.
My kids always hunted eggs and then they made me close my eyes while they hid them. They had great fun with mommy trying to find the eggs.
Of course I pretended not to see them in plain sight for a while and they got the biggest kick out of that.
My son is 14 and he already can't wait to try to hide eggs from me. It's a silly little tradition but he's done it all his life so we carry it on.
You can also get the plastic eggs and put pennies, raisins or stickers in them.
It's so easy to have fun when kids are that little.

Since you do not do candy, maybe try gummies, any kind of snacks that she likes. You could put a stuffed animal, a game or 2 that she might like. For a stuffed animal, you could go to build a bear and get a bunny done with recorded voices or sounds, etc. Something that my husband usually do for some of the kids that we new or new parents for their kids is a shining star stuffed animal. You can go online and register and name a star any thing that your daughter wants. You get a certificate and a map of your star. The best part is they are only like $15! That would give her a cute stuffed animal to play with now and a certificate and a star to have when she grows up. You can go to shining star.com or on amazion to find them. Halmark used to sell them but not many of them do anymore, I am sure that you could try. Hope she enjoys whatever you decide to get her! Hapy Easter!!!

We've got small toys, coloring books, small stuffed animals. My daughter's also has girly stickers and a bit of makeup in it, she's 6. In the past for her we've done hair clips and new clothes too.

Put money in them and maybe get her a new bank to put it in. Stick on earrings, bracelets, stickers, etc. My son is getting a new outfit, frog bath towel and little board books from his grammy. I also got some bubbles and a little game to add to that, and we're doing an egg hunt with some candies and some non candy items (like coins) inside.

1 / 3