Do You Ever Really Relax?

So, this is the first time today I have been able to sit down and chill out for a little bit. But I cant help but think of all of the clothes in the laundry room that needs to be hung up and put away while Im sitting here, also, the dishes need to be put away. Its not very relaxing thinking about all the stuff that needs to be done. Do you ever really relax?

Please Explain to me what Relax means again ;-) ??? !!!! LOL

No, and I only have ONE child !!! I'm in awe of all you mamas with Many :-)

Once in a blue moon, I'll take a nice, hot bubble bath (sometimes with a glass of wine) and a good book. Of course, this only happens after putting my daughter to bed, and only on very rare occasions... So, yes, but it is DEFINITELY not a regular event!

No.

I figure one day I will be dead, then I will relax.

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here. I try to relax every night. This evening, for example, I'm picking up Chinese food on my way home from work. I'll get home, play around with the kids, we'll have dinner. Kids' lights out by 8:30. So I'll read and relax (and maybe romance my husband!) until I go to sleep around 10:00. If I can manage to stay up that late!!

Only when I am sleeping.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I am so thankful I am a good sleeper (that is, when the kids are not waking me up) or else I would never give my body a chance to really unwind.

Even when I get a professional massage, at least a few minutes of that hour I will be thinking about what I have to do when I get off that table!

M., I used to be so busy when I lived overseas, doing all the mothering thing, working with charities, substitute teaching, working on lesson plans, doing lots of rehearsals for charity concerts. My days were so full and very happy, actually.

Since I've moved back to the states, all I really do is work with my kids. Mine are teens, which is very different than having little kids. I realized that even though I was happy going 90 miles an hour, I was killing my health, and it wasn't until I started having some real health issues, that I figured that out. That happened as I was getting ready to move. Since then, I have slowed WAY down, and I am trying to take care of me and my family to the exclusion of other things. I hope to take on more when I feel that it won't compromise my health. We will see.

My point to you is to relax enough so that you don't get to the point that you end up taking on too much and cause your health to go down. You never know when it will hit.

Hugs!

It is very hard for me to relax at home, since I do also work at home sometimes. There is always so much that needs to be done.
I go out on my boat with girlfriends and water ski. And sometimes I go for a massage.

No
Teach me how lol

1 / 3