Do Any Mom's Know of Any Good Parks to Have a Birthday Party At?

I have a little girl that will be 2 on sunday october 4 and we are planning to have a birthday party on October 10th. I have totally dropped the ball this year on my little girl's bday and have waited until last minute! Long story... i don't have a ton of money to spend so im thinking maybe a park?? any ideas?? please help!!

Nokomis Community Park is a great spot for a small kids party! Also, the North Jetty Park is another great location in south Sarasota County! Good luck!

I was just at Sugar Sands Park in Boca last weekend and the at seems like a great place to have a Birthday party. They have a carousel and a play area that has tons of things including some water activities for the kids.

There's a great park by the Pensacola airport. It's right by the YMCA, although I can't remember the name. There's also a great park off of Gulf Beach Highway called the Perdido Kid's Park if you want to drive that far down.

Other moms: you can find out locations by clicking on the name. Hers is listed as Cantonment, FL, which is just above Pensacola. :o)

capeheart park on lakeunderhill is awesome. we had my daughters 4th b-day there. its alittle expensive to reserve, like $100 but you get 1/2 back with completed paperwork. they have two play areas, for bigger kids and for toddlers, the seating and the play area are covered and its tucked in side a neighborhood so no cars to worry about.

Honestly, It won't make a difference to her where the park is at. She is two years old. If you just invited a couple of other kids to your home and had cake and ice cream that would be more than enough. That will solve the money problem and save the big parties for when she is older when they will really mean something.

Where do you live? Gemini Springs in Debarry is great, and very inexpensive.

It all depends where you live at and how much you are willing to spend. You can go onto the Orange County Parks and Recreation site to see the different parks in Orlando. Shadow Bay Park over in Turkey Lake is really nice. But the website will give you every park and what they have to offer.

I don't know where you live. Sunshine Park is really great for little ones since there is only one way in or out, makes it easy to keep them corraled! If that is too far for you try going to www.coj.net you will be able to find all the parks in Jacksonville, which ones have playgrounds, etc....

Good Day,
I have been doing the Park ideal for a few years now! Usually we go to Quiet Water Park in Deerfield, Fl.. We pick a picnic area close to the play-ground, decorate and we plan it to be about 3 hours! I often but some large pizzas' (many places will give you a discount); and a cooler full of soda, water and even the cake! The kids get to play on the play ground, adults get to sit under the shade of a tree; and actually talk and get to really know one another. Often after wards we invite the families to join us at the Water Park area there at their own expense. It is $4.00 per person for 3 hours, I believe! The kids have a GREAT time and so do I.. Good luck and Happy Birthday to your little girl!
Truly,
Kathy N.

Hey, not sure where you live or how big of a party your planning, but there is a splash pad in Sebastian (between Vero and Melbourne) that is free and pretty cool. There is a park across the street with alot of squirrels and a small playground. It's right on the corner of US 1 and cr 5-12. Hope you find what you're looking for. Cool thing about wheb they're 2 is it really doesn't matter to them; they just want to play and have fun.

We had our daughters party at Shamrock Park in Venice. It has covered gazebos that have grills. The kids got to play, and the adults got to sit in the shade and relax. I didn't bother to reserve one, but you can always call if you think you will neet to!

We went to the splash park in Oldsmar last weekend, and it was fabulous- the kids had a blast! The address and contact info is here: http://www.ci.oldsmar.fl.us/Leisure_Svcs/ls_parks.htm.

Metropolitan park is free all you would have to do is reserve it. You could call 630-City to get their number or check the website for their information. I understand we are in the same boat and we have deceided to have some of our daughter's friends come over and have cake one saturday afternoon. Hope this helps, remember she is only 2 and its ok to be relaxed in throwing parties because they will make up for them as they get older.

Hi S., I have a good idea. My son and daughter share the same bday. My son is an adult but my daughter just turned 10. I also have a 4 and 6 yr old. I took them and some friends from school to the Cocoa Beach Pool. It's down Minuteman Cswy in Cocoa Beach. They have a "mostly" shaded kiddy pool there. 1 to 3 foot deep with two kinds of waterfalls plus and water shooting-up area beside it. It also has a life guard as well. A play ground outside the pool walls is there too. It's 2 dollars for kids and 3 dollars for adults to get in. They even have life jackets there. My two younger ones had a blast. A covered table area is there for setting up a little party. You can't "book it" right now however it's a first come thing. We had alot of fun for a small amount of money. I hope this helps and good luck.

Well I am going to paste a bunch of links for you from my archive. You can have a party at a park or a water park, here are some places locally.

http://www.broward.org/parks/waterfun.htm - here are 4 water parks in Broward

http://www.broward.org/parks/pdf/twnewtentrentalsflyer.pdf - this park is really nice and they rent bounce houses have pony rides and other optional activities for birthday parties

http://www.broward.org/parks/twfarmtoursinfo.pdf - this is if your little one is into animals, its a local park that has a small farm house and animals and you have your party there.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/sfl-bestparks,0,380573... - lists the best parks in south florida with detailed info for each one.

Hope this helps,
God bless you.

Rose Park on the corner of Apopka Vineland Rd and Old Winter Garden Rd is a nice park for a party. The only downside is that there aren't any restrooms. The have 2 covered pavilion areas that as far as I know are free to use. I would suggest that you call Orange County Parks and Recreation for more info. Shadow Bay Park on Turkey Lake Rd is also nice and they do have retsrooms. Good luck and Happy Birthday to your little one! :-)

I don't know where you live but Tree Tops Park in Davie is beautiful!

S., parks are great places. I don't know where you live. Why don't u google parks in your area (zip code is helpful) and pick out the closest one? I know the ones I have been to, but that might not be helpful for you. the best one I can remember is Bird Drive Park (I think) off Bird Rd in Miami. Lots of picnic shelters right on the water, very pretty. Lots of grass to play games. There's also Greynolds Park, no water near the shelters, but lots of playground equipment and green grass. You have to reserve a shelter in advance anywhere you go, so hurry.

I hope your daughter has a wonderful bd!

Peace,

Syl

I don't know where you are but Optimist Park in Tallahassee is nice.

Not sure where you live but a lot of local little parks don't charge a fee. You can get $5 pizza's from Little Caesars to pass out. If your a Sam's Club member you can get 25 cupcakes for $16 or less. Kids at this age love the park and for 2 hours they are content. McDonald's still has party's and the one by I-4/McIntosh has an indoor play area and they do all the work. Good luck!!

We just had our son's 2bday at Bayfront Park next to Marina Jacks in Sarasota. There is a playground & water fountains where the kids can get wet. It's totally free- you just need to get there early to snag some picnic tables. We brought sandwiches & cake. It was great! Best of luck!

Clark park on kingsley, chuck rogers on san jose has a big field great for some games. Both parks has bathrooms just bring some hand soap toliet paper as it runs out quickily.

Lake Park on DaleMabry, just south of VanDyke. It has a great play area and open fields and covered picnic areas. I'm not sure if you can reserve it or if you just have to show up extremely early to claim your tables. I'm sure there is a number to call.

I've never had a party here, but have been to several and the play area is plenty to keep everyone busy. If you did a pinata or something extra, I think it would be enough for your tight budget.

What area do you live in???

Where are you located?

I went to one at veterans park in Royal palm bch it was nice there!!

If you are near Debary, it's between Sanford, Deltona and Orange city...there is a park that is way to nice!!! we found out about it in the beg of the year out of curiosity and we fell in love w/it. Plus we ended up doing my boy's 1st b-day, and it was perfect. The name is Gemini Springs Park, you can google it and if you want I can email you pics that we took that day...Basically it's pretty big, but there are about 3 Gazebos w/5 tables/chairs on each one next to a covered playground. Which is pretty nice...literraly is right next to it. In the other side of the gazebos is an empty field where people do picnics, come to relax or fly kites, and at the end there are more gazebos inside of the little forest or completely covered and also there is this huge lake, which is so peacefull and you can walk through out the park....there is also a dog park next to the parking lot....this place is kinda like one of those perfect places. To rent is $10.00 if you are a Volusia resident and $5.00 security deposit but they return the $5 back to you at the end. We ended up doing a simple BBQ and chips and the cake, and it was great! The only bad thing is that you can't bring a pinata...but you know what I did, I purchased (because i didn't have the time do them) funyatas (which are minipinatas, thru ebay I found someone that did a great job and where inexpensive too) and filled them w/candy and toys and gave them individually to the children. If you want more info let me know. My family and friends loved it, and now it's our perfect place to go w/the kids. Hope everything turns out good!