Looking for a Park in N. Dallas Area with Covered Area/picnic Tables to Reserve

Anyone know of a park in the North Dallas area that has a covered area and a few picnic tables to host a 1st Birthday party? We rent a small condo in the N. Dallas area so we do not have room to have a few friends and relatives over to celebrate our baby's first birthday so we are looking for a park to host it at.

Bob Woodruff in Plano is wonderful it has covered picnic areas, bike trails, ducks, playground, volley ball and a fishing pond.

http://parks.planotx.org/econnect/Facilities/FacilitiesDe...

You will love the park!

Best Wishes,

C. Roeschen
The Trinity Group
Keller Williams
###-###-####
www.TheTrinityGroup.org

You will love the park!

Best Wishes,

C. Roeschen
The Trinity Group
Keller Williams
###-###-####
www.TheTrinityGroup.org

There is a park on Thackery (one street west of Hillcrest) and Park Lane. I've seen it reserved for parties before. I can't recall the official name, either Thackery Park or Preston Hollow Park. You can also call '311' and they have an options for parks. They may be able to help you.

Preston Hollow Park (corner of Park and Thackery) is really great, but you can not reserve the covered area. I'd suggest you just go over an hour or so early and set up. The park has 3 different climbing spots for kids and it is all shaded, so it is nice for kids of any age. The only downfall of this great little park is that there are no bathroom facilities.

Have you looked at Campbell-Green (corner of Hillcrest and Campbell)? It has a rec building and a water area. I believe it has a covered area that can be rented out. Check with the City of Dallas Parks and Rec website for details.
The website should list out the other parks with pavillions to rent.

Try a park Custer/Renner Road.

Northaven Park on Northaven Rd. between Midway & Marsh (next to Withers Elementary School).

I second Scottish Rite park off the tollway and Oak Lawn I believe. They just ask for a donation. And if you will have older kids attending as well as youngers ones, there is plenty to do.

Sandy Lake Park in Carrollton. It has covered areas to rent. They also have amusement rides, pony rides, tiny rollercoasters (for little one's) and it's huge. We went to a birthday party there for a two year old. It was great!!

1 / 3