Diaper Rash - New York,NY

My one year old has a REALLY bad diaper rash (her 1st bad rash).... What could have caused it, but more importantly what is the BEST treatment? I have A&D and we have been using that... is there anything else you could recommend? THANKS

I prefer the "Johnson Diaper Rash" cream in the blue tube. I like it better than all the pricier things and its $1.99 a tube in Walmart!

My son is on an antibiotic to prevent UTI's. One of the side effects is it causes diarrhea which causes really bad diaper rashes. Boudreaux's Butt Paste works wonders. silly name, but it REALLY works. usually in 1 or 2 applications. and it comes in a 1 lb jar so it lasts forever.

What has she eaten? My one year old only gets bad diaper rash from reaction to food. so maybe a food alergy or sensativity

So sorry that your little one has the diaper rash. We have always found Triple Paste diaper cream to work really well. It is pretty pricey (a small tube is like $10), but it certainly helps clear things up after a couple applications.

Hope her little bum clears up soon!

Triple Paste was the only thing that helped clear it for my kids. It is really thick and stays on for a long time even after they wet the diaper. They can be caused by the food and also just getting hot now that the weather is warming up.

Butt paste works great. I also used Gold Bond Baby Medicated Powder. That will dry it out. But if it does not go away in a couple of days take her to the Dr. My daughter had it so bad one time that she couldn't even sit down. I worked nights and I changed her before I left at 11pm there was nothing there. By the time I got home at 9am it was so bad and she was miserable. Everytime that she tried to sit she would just scream in pain. I called the dr and he gave me a cream called Vision (or something like that) and it was totally gone in 2 days. As a matter of fact I just had to call the dr today cause my daughter has heat rash on the insides of her thighs and she tells me that her legs hurt. They told me to put vasitration (?spelling?) on her legs and to keep powder on her bottom and inside thighs during this heat. Good Luck!

You have lots of good treatment ideas. My daughter got horrible diaper rash when she was getting some of her teeth (although the earliest ones came in just fine). Once the teeth came in, the rash went away. Avoid using wipes, use wet paper towels, or a wet wash cloth - no soap! - until things improve. Let her run around naked as much as possible, otherwise dry well and slather with Aquaphor or one of the other recommended creams. I would call her ped before trying Lotrimin or other anti-fungal for the first time.

BOUDREAUX'S BUTT PASTE!! tHIS STUFF IS AWESOME

Butt Paste works bests for my daughter. It's thicker than other creams I've tried so it stays on and protects the skin better. My daughter had a really bad rash once and the doctor recommended using Lotrimin. It cleared the rash quickly.

My kids NEVER got diaper rash, but recently my 10 month old came down with a tummy bug resulting in the most acidic diarrhea I have ever see. It gave him the worst diaper rash, and I took him to the Ped, and she gave me some samples of Calmoseptine. This stuff is AWESOME! You can buy it at walgreens. It worked so fast on my son's butt, and it stays on too. Hope this helps. I'm sure you hate to see your little one hurt.

We use Aveeno Diaper Rash ointment and cornstarch on top. If it is caused by wetness, this will be the trick! And when my dd is fine, we apply a coat of virgin coconut oil and that keeps the rashes away.

HTH!

1 / 3