Darkening of Upper Lip Skin

Hi Ladies. My upper lip skin is dark and looks like a darn moustache! it is not hair, but actual skin pigmentation. So annoying. iI noticed after i was in the sun too long. I believe it's called melasma. NOTHING covers it up. Does anyone have any "natural" recommendations (that work) as I am still breastfeeding. I appreciate it.

I've heard of people using tumeric. See this link... http://www.indiaparenting.com/diet/data/diet22_01.shtml

Check out http://www.skinactives.com

They have a lightening cream with kojic acid... one of the better products for skin lightening... not so chemically...

Given your baby is 3.5 mos. old..I bet you have melasma... which is hormone related and sunexposer..

I know exactly how you feel! My skin is now super sensitive with sun exposure after having kids and or taking birth control due to hormones.
Mask of pregnancy or melama is from hormones and can go away over time, you can treat it and prevent it. ALWAYS make sure to always use a broad spectrum sunscreen and apply it every 2 hours when out in the sun. There are some options, you can either cosmetically cover it or treat it with medications/products. However, since you are breast feeding you may just want to conceal it and use the medications later.
The Dermablend is a great product to use and is water-proof/water resistant.
When you are done nursing try the REVESE Line - it have over the counter medicines to help treat and reverse your skins discoloration! I was introduced to it at Nordstrom's and it really works!

I went to Hawaii a year or so ago and came back with a great tan but tons of dark spots on my face. I worked for Chanel (cosmetics) at the time and they did not have a lightening product that worked. So a friend introduced me to the REVERSE Line by Rodan + Fields(Creators or Proactiv)and after 6-8 weeks my darks spots had faded immensely and my complexion was brighter. I have been hooked on it ever since!
They do use an FDA approved OTC medication this is what helps the brown spots to fade...you need to be diligent and use it as directed- you will love the results- it's amazing! Plus it's 100% money back guarantee to work! Here's a link to check the REVERSE out for yourself.

www.rodanandfields.com/christineolson

great recommendations but if you are still nursing nothing with hydroquinone, not good for baby. try the slower results like stuff with kojic acid and bearberry. go to an esthetician they can set you up. Also when you are done nursing you can start a series of lactic acid peels that will reverse signs of aging and sun spots. do you wax your upper lip? if you do always use a tyronase(sp) inhibitor after!

Dear M.,
I had melasma too. On my forehead. I hated it. Nothing covered it up and it looked like I had a big dirt smudge on my face.
ALWAYS wear sunscreen of at least SPF30 and avoid the sun as it makes it worse. You can see a dermatologist or go to a store like Longs or Walgreens and get cream that contains hydroquinone. It will help lighten it. Hormonal changes can cause it, but the sun makes it worse.
You could also try putting lemon on it, but I worry that the acid in the juice mights be too drying and rough on your upper lip.
It will go away.
Congratulations on your baby!

Hi, M.. I too, developed small black moles on both my lips. A doctor I consulted, called them kissing lesions because of their identical location on both upper and lower lips. I underwent a biopsy to eliminate the possibility of cancer. But they continued to grow. I went again for medical consultation and was referred to a wonderful dermatologist who is experienced with laser techniques. He zapped me w/a laser on each of the moles. Where the moles had been, I developed grape size blood blisters which I wasn't allowed to pop. They healed naturally over a week's time. After that I had my natural colored lips again. His advice to me was to wear sunscreen under my lipstick and to wear a hat when going outdoors.

Hi M., Glimpse Intuitive Skin Care is available now through XanGo Distributors. Please visit www.findgreenhere.com. I am holding Skin Nutrition Classes in my home in San Jose, or at the client's home, so that you can try it for yourself. There has been success in treating facial discolorations including melasma and age spotting. Here is a link, also, that shows amazing results on brownish skin discolorations. V. G.
http://www.my-glimpse.com/

Try www.dermablend.com
It is coverage cosmetics. My aunt has very dark liver spots and uses Dermablend to cover before her foundation and it works very well.

1 / 3