Creative Ideas for Positive Reinforcement

I'm looking for simple, low or no cost ways to reward my daughter. She is a wonderful child and reacts very well to positive feedback/reinforcement. I constantly give her hugs and kisses and tell her how amazing she is and how lucky I am to have her for a daugther. She just turned 3 and we transitioned to a toddler bed. She's taking to it very well. I''d like to start teaching her to make her bed and to be more diligent about keeping her room and play areas neat so I'm really just looking for more/different ways that I can continue to reinforce her good bahavior and encourage her to continue to be good as we start to set rules and assign "chores". TIA!

Sticker charts work well.

Or Giver her a quarter for every day she makes her bed Monday through Friday, then when saturday comes she has enough to pick out anything she wants at the Dollar Store!

Get her a sticker book to collect stickers in. They have them at the dollar store, plus loads of fun character stickers she can earn. Once she fills in a page, she can turn it in for a day at the zoo, or a manicure with Mom, or ice cream by the river. HTH!

I like to remember to reward children for working hard- not just for being good at something.

I have two different systems that both work.

I make coupons on my computer. When the kids do something that makes me say wow they get a coupon. Ten coupons means a matchbox car or new hair things.If they want to save them up there are bigger rewards.

Little things that they are expected or is a routine then I mark a piece of paper. For every mark they get a penny. I call it the penny point chart. It is an inexpensive way of rewarding good behavior! Good Luck.

1 / 3