Cramping Prior to Expected Period

Updated on July 15, 2009
C.S. asks from Westfield, NJ

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I've been having bad cramps (similar to menstrual cramps) since MOnday (one week before my expected period). I remember having similar cramps when I was pregnant with my first son, though not quite this early. It is too soon for me to take a test. Has anyone else experienced the same thing with early pregnancy??

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

M.L.

answers from New York on

I did with both my pregnancies and with my second the cramping was more severe (although that could be because I was more aware). But there were other signs that pointed to me being pregnant, like immediate fatigue and nausea. Actually I knew about 1 week after I conceived (and we only tried once) that I was pregnant, but waited until 3 weeks post conception to take the home pregnancy test. Best of luck and I hope things turn out the way you planned.

Smallavatar

L.L.

answers from New York on

It's not too early to take a test. EPT has one that is pretty accurate. Check the label first. I don't want to mislead you. Then again, you can wait out the week and if you miss it the day you expect it, take the test then. That is what I did. I missed my period by one day, took the test the next day and whammo...turns out I was pregnant.

Smallavatar

L.L.

answers from New York on

I would save the cash and wait until the first day of your expected period. If it's late, then take the test.

Smallavatar

M.K.

answers from New York on

Hey Mom,

Well your not late,
so who knows right.

But I would say you should go to the dollar store and pick up a few pregnancy tests.

I mean they are just a dollar.

pee in a cup and do the test.

worst case is its negative.

M

Smallavatar

S.D.

answers from New York on

That happened with me for baby #2 and baby #3.. For baby #2 I thought it was menstral cramps and was taking tylenol like crazy, but after a few days of that I relized this was abnormal and wondered....like you are... and it was too soon for a test- I took one anyway and it was negitive, but I was sure that the cramps were not my normal cramps. Sure enough after extended cramping pains, I took another test and it was postive. Baby #2 came out PERFECT 9 months later! For my third (and current ) pregnancy, when I felt the cramps I went to the calender and tried to figure out when my husband and I were intimate and seeing if it seemed to fit... I dealt with the pain and took the test as soon as it was possible... again it was not a clear pregnant sign, so I had to wait again... But baby #3 will be here in December... Good luck to you!

Smallavatar

A.K.

answers from New York on

I too exerienced sever cramping about a week or so prior to my due period. I am having a baby in the Fall!! I think it might have been such severe crampingbecuase I WAS pregnant with Twins, but have since lost one :(

Good luck to you!

Next question: 7 Weeks Along with Number 3, Having Severe Cramps Cunfussed???