Cleaning Stride Rite Tennis Shoes

My kids stride rite tennis shoes could use a good cleaning. The Magic Eraser works well but it doesn't get the mesh under the velcro clean. Has anyone ever washed their tennis shoes in the washing machine?
Thanks,
H.

I throw all of our SR shoes in the washer with the appropriate colored laundry. Stuff them with socks and set them out to dry.

I ordered a velcro cleaner online for under $10 and it makes the velcro area look brand new.

Just washed my son's this morning and they look new! Air dry.

If I have to end up washing shoes I put them in a mesh bag and I wash them on cold on delicate cycle. I than let them dry on top of the dryer while I dry other clothes. They are usually dry the next morning for school especially if I do them the first thing in the morning. Since it is the weekend and still warm outside I let mine wear their sandals.

I wash my kids Stride Rite tennis shoes all the time and they come out very clean. I also add Clorox color bleach just make sure not to put them in the dryer.

1 / 3