Cleaning High-chair Trays

I'd like to know if there is a good way to clean high-chair trays. My high-chair tray has become discolored from pasta sauce no matter how hard I wash it in the sink. I have a space-saver high-chair but a tray is a tray. Any ideas? Thank you!

Dear A., If the tray is white plastic I would use some Clorox clean up on it . Rinse well so the baby does not get any bleach on his/her food. Grandma Mary

I have something so natural and it even gets grape juice off counters! (I know, I've done it since I was little!) It's baking soda and vinegar.

I'll sprinkle a bit of baking soda on the tray, then make a paste with the vinegar. lightly rub to work it in. It pulls the stain right out!

I use the baking soda/vinegar combo on my porcelain sink and it's always sparkling.

Sometimes I'll leave it sit a while to pull the stain out if it's bad - like coffee or grape juice, pasta sauce.

The Mr Clean Magic Eraser works wonders!

Remember the child eats food off the tray, so you don't want to be using a cleaner which is toxic to the little one.

Try Grease Lightning it works great. I have used it to get old pen ink out of my sons cloths and printing ink out of the seats of my car (hubby is a commercial printer), also it takes tomato sauce, grease and other stains out of our cloths. If I were you I would spray it on, let it sit overnight then re-spay it again and scrub the heck out of it; if that doesn't work then I am clueless. I used to get this stuff for the dishwasher (Power Booster) but they don't make it anymore which is sad because it worked extremely well on my Tupperware and other plastics. I'm Italian so pasta and sauce go hand in hand. Anyway let me know if I can be of any other help.

SoftScrub with bleach has always worked well for me. It even got spaghetti sauce stains off of the tray that were there forever! Just make sure you rinse well, and there won't be any problems with food contamination.

When my daughter's tray was really stained, I used Goo Gone because that is what I had on hand. The magic eraser didn't do a very good job for some reason. And I would also wait a few days also for spaghetti stains. They did eventually fade to nothing over a few days to a week.

I would use Sol-U-Mel stain remover. Stay away from harsh chemicals as they do leave a residue and you don't want that around your home.

I know this is going to sound odd, but have you tried peanut butter or PAM spray? (the PAM can also be sprayed on before you serve the pasta to help prevent stains)

This works WONDERFULLY in plastic containers, you don't have much to lose (but a spritz of PAM and a tablespoon of peanut butter!) if you want to give it a try :)

GOOD LUCK!

1 / 3