Christmas Gifts for 8 Year Old Girl?

Looking for some great ideas for gifts for an 8 year old not-too-girlie-girl. (She's no longer into dolls and princesses, etc.) She is at a loss for what she wants and now so am I! What are you getting for that special 8-9 year old girl in your life? Would love to hear your ideas, big, small, all price ranges. Thank you!!

I pad mini we are splitting the cost with grandparents. So it is a gift from parent/grandparent. She loves to read and do math games on my I pad :). This is something I hope she will use for years.

My daughter is 10 and she's not very girlie either. I got her a lot of arts and crafts, books, CD's, a DVD, DS games, clothes. She's also getting a snow board as her big gift. She's been asking for one for two years.

Microscope, quality telescope, geology kit, chemistry kit, selection of fossils and a rock hammer, Erector set (the ones with motors), Robot building kit (there are some really cool ones for this age group), model ship/airplane, books, Kindle, 'grown up' art supplies - acrylics/oils, oil pastels, good quality colored pencils, pottery lessons, potter's wheel, a loom. Subscription to an appropriate magazine, membership at your local art or natural history museum.

We are getting our 8 year-old daughter a microscope for Christmas along with some science books. This is such a tough age!

8 is a great age for a lot of new arts and crafts projects -- check out a local hobby or craft shop and you'll see kids aged 8+ that are cool and interesting, paint by numbers, latch hook, etc.

I have a daughter this age and here is a small lust of things I have bought already: a tablet, I bought the galaxy, logo friends sets, they have a reallg cute girl line, she loves to play school, so I bought a few things from the teachers store, I bought her this thing where she can design outfits and color them in, and a microphone thst hooks to a mp3 player so she can s I ng to here fav songs and lastly u bought her 1 direction tix for a summer show. Sorry for the rambling, but I went through the struggle 2 yrs ago and any suggestion helped. I also thought about a karaoke machine, but am thinking against for selfish reasons--shed love it but ne ver get off of it.....hoope this list gives you at least one more idea

My just-turned 9 year-old likes Legos, movies, games, microscope, sea monkeys. She also likes the Monster High dolls which are not traditional girly dolls and are something kind of different. She likes some technology too. There are some adventure-style games where you have to complete quests and figure out puzzles to get to the end. Big Fish games has some (she likes doing this on Grandma's iPad), and there are some for Wii and probably other gaming systems as well. Clothes are good; mine got a pair of boots for her birthday and loves them.

You can always get her a gift card and take her shopping or to lunch and a movie.

Does she enjoy listening to music? My daughters only request this Christmas is for an MP3 player! Of course she's getting more then just that =)

3DS??

Thanks for posting the question. My soon-to-be 8 yr old daughter is kind of the same. Her Christmas list consists of American Girl items and more stuffed animals. Both things we don't want to buy! I did look on Amazon for off-brand 18" doll accessories and found a few reasonably priced. We might end up buying the off-brand stuff just cause we don't know what else to get her.

She loves art & crafts so we're looking at: Alex Toys Knot a Lot 3 Piece Fleece Craft Kit, Faber Castell Create Your own 3 bitty books. She's at an awkward stage where she wants to sew but just isn't patient enough to do it yet (maybe next Christmas when she's almost 9) so we're hoping the knot tying kit will be more appropriate. I also plan on going to Hobby Lobby and see what kinds of art kits for kids they have. When I'm at Hobby Lobby I am also going to get various art supplies for both my kids (things that you don't see at Target) so each has a box of new supplies.

My daughter is more of the outdoorsy type so we're also looking at a new bike, an outdoor explorer set or some other outdoor game. Just found a game called Snipe Hunt that looked fun!

1 / 3