Car That Seats More than 5 - Cuba,MO

I am looking for a car/cross over type vehicle that can seat more than 5 people. I do not like the Kia, but does anyone have any suggestions. I am also not looking for a minivan. A station wagon type of vehicle is what I am looking for. Do you have one? Love it or hate it? Our problem is we need to get three car seats across the back seat. 1 front facing, 1 conv and 1 infant seat.

A Traverse! I got one in December, seats 7 or 8 depending on the backseat! Lots of room and not as bulky as a SUV, drives more like a car! We had a Tahoe! Loved it too but got tired of feeling like I was driving a bus! lol

We have a toyota sequia. It seats 8, and 3 car seats fit comfortable across the middle row.

If you want a station wagon style, I would look at the ford flex.

I just got a Ford FLEX. Some models seat 7, all have 3 rows. My second of this type of car; Fords are excellent cars. It sits low like a car, but all the space of an SUV. I got the SEL model and it is super luxurious inside. Bought it via the COSTCO car buying service and saved $2K right off the top. Buy AMERICAN!!

GMC Acadia...love mine
Ford Freestyle (now Taurus X)...like mine

I recommend the GMC Acadia, roomy, confortable and can seat 8 with cargo space.

Love my GMC Acadia...it's more SUV than car...3 rows.

Chevy Traverse...if you can afford it. Sooooo roomy....go check it out....I have one.

chrysler pacifica and i have a family of 5!

We drive a Volvo XC90. It has three rows (although the back in cramped) and we can fit 3 car seats across in the middle row. We have done 3 forward facing, 2 forward facing and 1 convertible, and 2 forward facing and an infant. All have worked for us. We really like our car.

one thing to keep in mind if you get a station wagon type of vehicle with a 3rd row option - a lot of times you'll need to flip part of the second row forward to access the third row, which is kinda PITA if you have car seats installed in the 2nd row. And the few conventional station wagons with the optional backward-facing 3rd row seat (like the Volvo v70) don't allow the use of child safety seats in the 3rd row so it's not terribly useful IMO.
We ended up getting a 2005 Toyota Highlander with 3rd row which has worked out okay for us because the times when we carry a full load of passengers (school field trips or taking the grandparents somewhere) we don't have a lot of cargo, and when we've got a lot of cargo like for a camping trip, it's just our family of 4. It was a bit of a pain to have to move the car seats around whenever the grandparents came with us though.

We had a Dodge Durango. It seated 7 (2 in front, 2 middle, 3 back), and it was wonderful.
It was a V8, so a bit heavier on the gas usage. But if the engine hadn't gone, we'd still be in that car (nothing wrong with the engines in general, we bought it used and the engine had been abused then poorly "rebuilt").

I'd look for a used one first, if possible. We're not so fond of the last couple years' models (just us though) and you can often get a used one at a better price - just go to a reputable dealer, lol!

I love my Durango :) if you want to consider an suv

Check out Sunshine Kids Radian 65 or Radian 80 carseats. They are very narrow and you could probably fit an infant seat with two of them in a regular car.

being that i love toyotas (in my experience they're very reliable and last a VERY long time) i'm listing toyotas with 3rd row seating

Highlander
Sequoia
Land Cruiser
Sienna (IS a minivan...)
4Runner (has a 3rd row seat option, from what i can tell)

I'm glad you asked this question because I am looking for the same thing. I have to say, so far I am surprised that people actually read the question and nobody is forcing a minivan option on you, even though you said no minivans. There always seems to be a few that will say, "I know you said you didn't want a mini van, but..." lol!!

I am contemplating an Acura MDX w/ the 3rd row. I haven't driven one yet to see how roomy they are but I also like the GMC Acadia. Let us know what you choose!!

Dont know how you feel about suv's..I have an 06 tahoe that does fit 3 car seats across the middle row. and if a full sized suv isnt for you, my sister in law who also has twins loves her chevrolet traverse.

We ended up getting a Honda Pilot and I love it. I have a 5 and 2.5 yr old who both sit in the 3rd row....with the 2.5 yr old sitting by the seat that moves up so I can help him. My 11 month old sits in the middle of the second row.

The new pilots (I can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010) will also fit 3 car seats across the 2nd row. We did that for about a week, but my oldest couldn't keep his hands to himself. I am getting about 20mpg.

I have a friend with 4 boys under 5 yr old. The have a Honda Pilot and really like it. I have never driven it, but it rode well as a passenger.

We have a Dodge Journey, and love it. It seats 7 (two in front, three in middle, and two in back). It has storage in the floors, and the two seats by the door in the middle have built in child booster seats. If the kids need to take sippy cups in the car there are cupholders all over. My brother just bought a Ford Explorer and it fits either 7 or 8.

We have a Ford Freestyle and LOVE it! Also looked at the Pacifica, but the ratings weren't all where we wanted them and the door panels came up too high for our kiddos to be able to look out the window; however, it did ride pretty nice when we test drove it. The Chevy Traverse received high rating in the Parenting magazine as a good vehicle with lots of space...third row (spacious seating). We have friends with one and they love it. Still very new! Good luck.

I have a Subaru Tribeca. I love it! Super safe, spacious, comfortable on long car trips. We have a car seat on each side and can still seat someone between them and there is a 3rd row that you can fold down if you aren't using it.