SUV With 2Nd Row Captain's Chairs & 3Rd Row Latch????

I was wondering if anyone knows of an SUV that has 2nd row captain chairs and a latch option in the 3rd row? I have one on the way and two others too young to fasten their own belts and too young to move to a booster. I've been doing my research for the past few months and am down to a minivan option or trying to buy smaller seats to cram in a second row of a very large SUV (then I will feel guilty about compromising safety for my vanity). Any ideas?

We just went from a GMC Envoy (one back seat) to a GMC Acadia. It has the choice of two rows or the captain seats and back row. The inside is basically that of a minivan. We were in the same situation with an infant, a booster and then another child. I really do like it so far. The only thing I liked about the minivans that the Acadia doesn't have is the sliding doors. My kids tend to throw them open. But I like that the Acadia is heavier with 4 wheel drive for winters...

I have a Chevy Suburban now. I had a GMC Yukon with captain chairs in the second row. That did not work well with 3 carseats. It is impossible to get to the 3rd kiddo in the back row to buckle them in. To get to them you have to climb over a kid in their carseat! Just does not work. We really had to search to find a SUV with 2 rows of seats, that is how we ended up with the Chevy. It is the ONLY one we could find. They seemed to be making them all with the captain chairs. Anyway, I fit 3 carseats across the middle bench seat. It works great.

i think the toyota highlander does

I have a 2008 TaurusX that I really like, and I think it has latch in 3rd row, and the 2nd row can be captains chairs or row seats. I get about 20mpg on it, so that's not bad for a crossover SUV. but I'm not sure if they're still making them or not? good luck!

Try the Saturn Outlook. Great size...roomy but drives like a much smaller vehicle. It's gas mileage is the same as most mini vans, too. I can fit my 2 1/2 yr. old as well as my newborn twins with a lot of room to spare. Good luck!!!

Personally love our conversion van. I can stand up out of the weather and strap all the kids in and have room for one or two more. I have three now and we go on long trips a few times a year. I can get back there from the front, walk around, hand out snacks, and so on. It has a fold down tv which is a God-send on long trips.

And like I said when I'm getting kids in and out I can stand back there out of the weather. It's great.

And it's not hard to drive either. I thought I would need a CDL to drive the thing, but it's not that bad at all. No different than my mother's mini van.

And it cost the same as most mini vans. The gas mileage is about 1 to 2 miles less....on the road we get 19 to 20 miles to the gallon...in the city we get between 17 and 18.

I love the thing. And it's so much prettier than most mini vans in my opinion.

My parents just got a Taurus cross-over. It easily would fit 3 carseats. It looks almost like a van but not quite.

We've been looking into the same option for cars and hate to go the minivan route. We found the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook and Chevy Traverse all have the option of two captians chairs in the second row and then a third row seat as well. Good luck!

1 / 3