2 Yr Old with Little White Bumps

My 2 yr old has little bumps on her arms and legs some of them are white almost "zit-like" . I have seen this before on kids and toddlers . I've been told by people its from dry skin. It is worse on her arms then legs. Does anyone know what this could be, and how I can treat it? She has had it for a few months and if I could avoid taking her to the Dr. that would be wonderful!! thanks

It's what some would call milk bumps. Both my boys have it. The pedi didn't say that it had anything to do with dry skin. Their doctor gave us a cream medicine for it. My oldest had a few on his chest and still has them on the back of his arms. The youngest on his chest and around his underarm area. I was told they eventually go away and have found this to be true. Hope this helps.

I just wanted to let you know that it could be just a skin rash/allergies or it could be the warts, which is also known as molliscum. Warts are a virus. So if it is that treat it like one. Wash her clothes,bed sheets, towels etc. They are not contagious unless they are oozing. Yuck! My daughter never oozed they just dried up and went away.

A., My name is K. S and I understand how you feel about your baby. I do know that alot of products that we use such as lotions, soaps, etc are loaded with animal-by products, chemicals and mineral oil. All of these ingredients cause skin irritations and dry skin. Have you heard of Arbonne? I have been using their products for over 5 years and have seen so many skin issues resolved. They have a whole line of baby products from a wash, lotion, diaper rash cream, etc. They also have a 45 day money back guarantee. You can check out my website at www.successfromtheheart.myarbonne.com give me a call at ###-###-####. Thanks, K.

Could it be excema (sorry if that is misspelled)? My daughter, who is now 5 years old had bumps that appeared on her shoulder and it was diagnosed as excema. It didn't itch or anything, but it was in a cluster and sort of had a "zit like" appearance. The doctor prescribed Elocon cream. I put it on every night after her bath and it keeps it cleared up. It does seem to show up more during the hotter months. Hope this helps.

My sister is 26 yrs old and has had this all her life. It is only a minor frustration at worst, and has no treatment.

This is nothing to worry about in my sister's case, but you should really take her to the dr to be certain.

I agree with Michelle K that it could be KP. I have had KP since i was a child to varying degrees mostly on my upper arms, but also on my face (cheeks and neck) and upper thighs. It was really bad after i had my baby and it is slowly getting better. When u research it you will find that it is harmless and mostly a cosmetic issue. I agree with the tips that she gave and have used a hydroxy acid from Paula's Choice that helps if i use it daily. I know when i was small my mom used cetaphil and phisoderm on us....not sure about the phisoderm but i know cetaphil is still great.

I was told it is cerebric (not sure of spelling) dermititis, my daughter has had it her whole life, she's 3 1/2. She never had the soft sweet baby skin my second daughter has. There's not much I can do about it, it's really bad on her upper arms, we put Aveeno baby cream on her and she always says "that's better" but she doesn't ever complain about it bothering her. You might talk to her Dr at her next appt. It may or may not be the same thing.

Hello A., I'm not sure about "white" bumps, but my 9yr old daughter & I have "somewhat noticeable" bumps on our knees, elbows and thighs. We've been to dermatologists and what we have are dry &/or sweat skin condition. They don't itch, but are just a nuisance. The Rx lotions I've used in the past really haven't worked & are expensive. I would ask a pediatrician first & if they aren't worried & they don't bother her or you.... just try & live with them and use a moisturizer, that's what we do. :)
Good Luck & God Bless, C. C

My guess would be that it is a skin syndrome similar to excema...It's called KP or (keratosis pilaris) and it's caused by the skin not sloughing away quickly enough near a hair folical and then creating a cyst or white-head. Your best treatment will be to wash using only cetaphil cleanser or something for sinsitive skin and to mix ultra healing Eucerin (it has alpha hydroxy acid in it to gently slough dead skin cells) lotion with hydrocortizone 1% percent creams in equal parts and coat her in it twice a day on the affected areas.

On myself I use nutrogena body scrub to slough the skin then I use my lotion mixture.

For the lotion I use hydrocortizone CREAM and put it in a small travel size bottle and fill it halfway, then I put the lotion in on top and mix with a plastic knife or handle end of a spoon until it looks mixed well. Then I use it on a daily basis...I have three or four bottles of it...one in my car, one in my husbands, one in the bathroom and one in our travel stuff...I always have one handy, and since it has hydrocortizone in it it's good for bug bites and sunburns too.

I have it on my thighs (front and back) and on my forearms near my elbows. My daughter however has it over her entire back, the backs of her thighs and her face. It is sometimes called "chicken skin" disease because it can cause the skin to look like chicken with the skin on would.

I would try some other tips at http://www.helpforkp.com

M. (feel free to email me -- ____@____.com)

Hi!

Like one other responder suggested, you might research Molluscum Contagiosum. If you think this is what your daughter has, I have found a natural remedy from the website www.amoils.com called Heal Molluscum. I do not represent this company in any way, just am currently using this product on one of my children. My son has this and initially we went to the Dr. and the "warts" were frozen off with dry ice and it was painful, so I began looking for a more natural method and this is not painful, but the oil does not smell the greatest.

Hope this helps!

1 / 3