Best Stroller for Walks and Light Jogging?

There are probably many active moms out there that can help me out. I would like to take more walks and possibly go jogging again. I'm tired of the "shopping mall" walks I've been doing. I am currently using a Graco Snap-and-Go and Safeseat as my car seat/stroller combo, but I can't really walk outdoors on rougher terrain. The wheels even get stuck while I'm at Lake Merced and along the Great Highway. I also have a second-hand Maclaren upright stroller but that is also useless for rougher terrain. My little one is almost 5 months with pretty good neck control and almost sitting up. Can anyone recommend a good jogging stroller? I want something that can manuever well, folds down compactly, and can accommodate an infant. Can joggers also be used as the regular stroller once my boy outgrows the snap-and-go?

We have a Bob stroller, and we love it. I think you are supposed to wait to go jogging with your baby until 6 months though.

We got the model with the smaller wheels, so it's a little less obnoxious than the kind with larger wheels! And I believe you can get an attachment to hold an infant car seat. I have to say that it doesn't fold exactly compactly, but it does fold and would fit in a trunk. We use it for walks and jogs and then have a smaller compact umbrella stroller to take in the car (but we hardly ever use it bc we just either use our Ergo carrier or carry him). The Bob stroller is really, really easy to maneuver, it just glides with barely any effort. We went on a walk with the umbrella stroller and the difference was quite noticeable. And with all of the horrible bumpy roads and sidewalks, the shocks are really nice to have, and the sturdy wheels do not feel like they are going to snap off.

hi S.,
please check with your pediatrician re jogging at this early age! i have heard they need to be older than 6 mo to avoid health complications to their spine.
good luck with finding a good jogger, C.

It might be a little bit of a drive for you, but I highly recommend the store Rockridge Kids in Oakland. They have several strollers to choose from and are super knowledgeable & helpful! ###-###-####. Give them a call & ask for Christian...tell him what you are looking for and he'll be really honest about what they have available right now.

Besides, it's located in the Rockridge district and makes for a lovely day of shopping and dining out.

Hands down, I think the BOB Revolution stroller- great on trails, jogging, etc.. It's nice and strurdy and remarkably light!

1 / 3