Bad Smell Under Kiddie Pool

I am trying to figure out how to get rid of this horrible smell under my kids inflatable pool. We had it up for about a week and when we moved it to clean it out...the grass underneath has a bad smell. I'm guessing that the grass has rotted and that's what we're smelling. What can I use to help the stink go away?? Any suggestions will help! Thank you!:)

We have had this happen. It is from the moisture combined with the plastic/vinyl material of the pool. It is pretty much mildew mixed with the grass. Let the grass dry completely and then cut it. It should be fine after a few cuts. Do not put the pool in this spot. If you want to have the pool out all summer, either move it periodically or put down some sand-no vegetation to rot. I know how gross this gets. Also, scrub the bottom of the pool with a good cleanser. I used soft scrub and a rag and it was not too abrasive to damage the pool but got rid of the yuck.

You are right, the grass does rot. Try emptying it out every few days and refilling it in a new location. The sun will dry out the grass.

Exactly what it is. Just move the pool every few days so the sun will dry out the grass. The grass is always wet under there and doesn't get any air to dry out.

If it's rotten vegetation, a day or two in the sun will handle it. Look closely, though, and make sure it's not a dead rodent, which will need to be buried or securely bagged in the trash – decaying bodies can take weeks.

I think if you leave the grass exposed to the sun for a couple days it will take care of itself.

1 / 3