Baby Bedding Question

I am moving my 2 and a half month old baby into her crib within the next week and I wanted to know what you did with the comforter/quilt that came with the bedding set?

All the previous suggestions are so much better than my idea of putting it in the closet and pulling it out for company, so my vote is for any of the numerous replys below!

My grandmother made each of my 3 children a precious baby quilt when they were born. I didn't want them to "destroy" it so I bought REALLY big clothes pins in the craft section of Michael's and I display them on their bedroom walls. It's like art :) The clothes pins are inexpensive and you could paint them to match the room's decor if you wanted to. I've gotten so many compliments (although I did steal the idea from another friend ) :)
They are also easy to install. Good Luck!

I had seen several friends and relatives hang the quilt on the wall as a decoration, so that's what I did. Unless you have the baby's room already decorated and there isn't room for it, the quilt on the wall looks cute. I don't have the crib in the baby's room (actually even my 2 yr. olds toddler bed is in my room, too!) so it kind of helps decorate that little area. If it's going to be on the wall near or behind the crib, just make sure it's well secured. Also, move it when the baby begins to stand up in the crib.

We hung ours on the wall too!!

I hung it on the wall over the bed as part of the room decor.

I draped them over the front of the crib just as a decoration.

I would use it for "tummy time" in case your baby spits up...I made my bedding and made the quilt and honestly, we never use it for anything other than a blanket for the floor or outside when the weather's nice:)

Put it down on the floor for her to play on!

I didn't want to use mine on the wall because of all the other decorations I had up, but they are so cute and such a major part of the set... so I hung mine over the front of the crib, folded it over, and safety pinned it together - so that the entire design was facing out and could be seen, but it was not always falling off. Obviously this won't work one your child starts tugging on the quilt because I'd be nervous the pins could come undone. If I was sewer, I would have added snaps instead of pins.

I washed my kids, put it back in the zipper bag_actually now, I have them all in a Space Bag, but I plan on passing their layout on to their first born. If they want to use it for decor, or whatever that will be up to them then.

I never used the thick blanket that came with their layette set in the crib, I hung it as a wall hanging over their crib. That is a thought too. (if you are still using the same decor)

I just sewed in two loops of thread on each end (hardly noticeable) and then hung it on nails...

1 / 3