Average Rate for a Nanny in Chicago

Hello,

I am interviewing a nanny Monday and was wondering if anyone could tell me what is a decent rate per hour?

Thanks

We live in Bucktown/Wicker Park, and the going rate by us is about $10/hr for one child. We are doing a nanny share and each family pays $8/hr. The typical rate of pay for a nanny share is about $7/hr. per family for two kids. Hope this helps.

We paid our nanny $11/hr for 3 days a week, min. 10 hours a day. The other family that she works for pays her $12/hr for 2 days a week. $12 seems to be the going rate these days for one child.

In my last job as a nanny to a 10 months old baby, I charged $10 an hour. I used to work about 26 hours a week with this family.

Some nannies would charge even $15 an hour, which I think is too much.

well. that's interesting. most people i know pay 10 an hour for 1 and 12 for 2. i am in the burbs but most of my friends live in teh city. lincoln park, lake view, roscoe village and south loop.

In my experience $11-$12/hour for one child is the norm. I think you would have a hard time getting anyone good for less than that. Good luck!

Hi
Our employment agency( has several great nannies -and based on expierence they charge $11-$15 per hour. Well paid nannies are happier and they want to stay with that family for longer period of time, sometimes many years, that is better for you and your child/children.
Call us... 1773 ###-###-#### A1 Best Services

I remember a year ago when I was trying to figure out the nanny thing. It's hard and there are lots of things to consider.

If you want a nanny that is a US citizen or has a green card which allows them to work legally, I found that the cost on the north side of Chicago was between $11 - $12 per hour for one child, with experience. Then, there are "nanny" taxes that are due to anyone for whom you pay more than about $1200 annually. So you need to figure that in as well. Nanny sharing or hiring a nanny with a child can bring that amount down per hour.

Hi L.-

I pay 13/hour. When our daughter is sleeping she does light cleaning (vaccuuming, laundry, dishes).

1 / 3