How Much Do You Pay Nanny

Hi I am wondering what is the going rate to pay Nannies?

I am a full-time nanny so I wanted to reply to your question.
Nannies get paid anywhere from $10 - $18/ hr. Some nannies are salaried at 40, 45 or 50 hour work weeks and many get $400 - $700/ week.
Younger nannies without experience might work for $8-$10/ hr.
If you only have one child and only want the nanny to do typical activities (with no extra chores) $10-$12/ hr. is common. Many nannies are asked to do the grocery shopping, cooking, light cleaning, errands, etc and then they can expect to be paid more.
Some common benefits for a full-time nanny are 2 weeks paid vacation, reimbursement for miles driven in their car during work hours, $ towards health insurance ($100 is average).
If you can't afford these things, try to think of unique benifits you could offer. My employer lets me park in their heated garage (some families make you park on the street!), use of internet while baby is sleeping, leave early one night a week to go to school, etc.
I hope that helps. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

$10-$15 per hour and it increases with mulitple children

It really depends on how many kids you have. I was a nanny for a family with 2 kids and they paid me 12/hour. The rate I've heard is anywhere from 10-15/hr depending on # of kids and if you want the nanny to do extra stuff(laundry, chores, dinner,etc.) B.

My understanding and experience is that the "going rate" is btw $12-15 per hour, based on experience, your requirements, etc. We paid our first nanny $11, and our latest nanny $14. We have only one child (also 18 mos!) and don't require housework, or any other duties.

Hope that helps - good luck!

I am a stay at home mom with a toddler and baby twins, I have been having a college girl come in for $10 an hour as a mother's helper. I hired a girl who attends the Lutheran Bible College in Plymouth, they typically charge $9-$11 an hour, but they are only available in the afternoon as they all have classes in the am.
Hope that helps a bit...

I found nannies anywhere from $10 to $20 an hour. I asked the same question and was told that $10 was cheap!

1 / 3