Anyone in a Swim Club near King of Prussia?

Hello! I am going to be home with my almost-2-year-old son this summer, and am hoping to join a swim club so we have somewhere to go during the day! I grew up swimming every day in the summer and would love to have my son have a similar experience.

I've looked online and have found Picket Post (in Chesterbrook) and Martin's Dam, but you need FOUR references to even get on the wait list at Martin's Dam, apparently... also, there's a swim club at the Kingswood apartment complex, but I don't know if it has a wading pool or is open to the public.

I've also checked the YMCA in Phoenixville, which would work, but it's about 20 minutes away. I would love something closer!

Basically I'm wondering if anyone belongs to a swim club around KoP, and what you think of it. Thanks for any help!

N.

I am in the same situation as you. I live in Audubon and also looking for a place to swim. My neighbor told me about Markley Farms Swim and Tennis Club in Jeffersonville (just off Trooper Road). I plan on going there to check it out. She told me that it is a little "old", but she has been going there for years. Lots of kids and they have swimming lessons, too. You can call ###-###-#### and they will send you information.

Jen

I grew up going to Picket Post and LOVED it! There are 2 pools in Chesterbrook that are Picket post and you can go to either one. One has tennis courts, the other is just the pool. They have baby pools. I have not been there in a about 2 years, so I don't know if it's still nice, but I took my son there when he was 6 months old.

What about Glenhardie Swim Club? That might be close to you. I use to have swim meets there, I recall that was pretty nice.

Hi N.-
The pool at Kingswood does have a baby pool. You can either join for the summer or do a daily rate. It was $6.00 I think last year and the little ones are free.

A.

I just learned about Markley closing and am DEVESTATED! My family has been going there the past two years and it's made for the most wonderful summers. I am doing some research now, but all I can find is Shannondell which is over $800 for a family of 4 (noooo way), the Y in Phoenixville and Spring Valley and a another place on the far side of Phoenixville called Waterworld ($630 for a family of 4). I will probably go with the Y if I can get a month to month membership just for the summer. I definitely don't want to commit to a year.

Ever since Golds Gym bought and closed the pool there really isn't any close swim clubs. The Kingswood apartments offered membership two years ago, I am not sure if they still do though. Your best bet is to probally go with one of the YMCA's if your not to fond of the one in Phoenixville try the one in Berwyn its just about the same amount of time to get there but offers some things the Phoenixville branch doesn't. I hope this helps.

1 / 3