Any Good Grown-Up Craft Ideas for Moms Group?

Does anyone have any craft ideas that would work for a group of Moms? I am trying to find some inexpensive but cute things for our small church group to do at our meetings. I would appreciate any ideas that you have done with other groups or stuff you have found online. Thanks in advance!

C.,

I'm a Tomboy Tools consultant and if you want to host a workshop we could do either mosaics or a tile trivet.....cost would be minimal.

www.tomboytools.info/teridoerr

Teri

Magnets!! You can do all sorts of things like make a cute bible verse magnet or a picture frame magnet, I know Dollar Tree sells a 4 pack of 4x6 magnets that u can cut up and do whatever you please! Good luck!

two ideas i've done in mom's group...although they are season oriented.
we made a topiary. of course the craft organizer premade the cement part at home. basically put a long stick in a small flower pot with cement. put a foam ball on top. glue grass on cement part. can also spray paint the pot. it was easter so we put toothpicks in chocolate covered candies and put it all over. okay confused yet? lol. it really is cute!
the other was premade. her husband cut out pumpkins from wood and we all painted the pumpkins and wrote welcome on it to hang on the door.
she got the topiary idea from family fun magazine (they have a website as well)

You could make coasters-home depot or lowe's has boxes of small tiles that are pretty inexpensive. then just get a bunch of stamps and let people decorate. you need to put a thin coating of modge podge over the top to seal.
have a scrapbooking party. have each person bring whatever supplies they have and a pic and just pool your supplies. I have more but my dh needs the computer. I'll pm you with more later!

Our church had a spa weekend and we made bath milk. Someone had already put together the bags (simple sewn on three sides out of pretty fabric) and they provided the receipe and ingredients for the bath milk. There were a few different scents we could choose from to add. Everything was mixed in a ziploc and stored in the fabric bag provided. We then tied up with a matching ribbon. It was alot of fun, didn't take alot of time and was something nice to take home or give to someone else. You should be able to find a receipe online for the bath milk if not email me and I'll see if I can't dig it out.

1 / 3