Am 29 Weeks Pregnant and Getting Alot of Braxton Hicks Contractions

Ok lately ladies I have been real sore lately. My abdomen and my back are real crampy. It is not a continuous thing but feels a bit like you would feel with your period. I am not alarmed and will be seeing my OB again on Monday and in my 30th week till delivery I will be at the Dr office twice a week because of being 38 and having gestational diabetes. Just wondered if braxton hicks get fairly uncomfortable the last 6-8 weeks. I was not this uncomfortable till my 36th week with my daughter. I was planning on mentioning this to my Doc on Mon. Any advice is appreciated ,

i was about the same week you are when i started to do the same thing, this was my second pregnancy, and i was induced the first time so i didnt know what i was going through, so i called my doctor and they had me go to the hospital and to make a long story short i ended up on bed rest through the remainder of my preg. I had a home montoring system and had to put an iv in my leg to help the contractions slow down. It was not fun at all. But if i were you i would called the doc. and maybe just drink lots of water and stay of you feet. Because being on bed rest and taking care of a little one is not fun either. Good luck , take it easy and try not to do so much lifting, i know its hard with a little one. I wish you all the best and i hope that you dont have to go through what i went through.

Are you sure they are braxton hicks ? I would call your doctor.. Here is why.. When I was 32 weeks I thought I had braxton hicks, felt as if I had contractions, was uncomfortable and painful.. took 2 tylenol and went to bed, woke up the next day and went to work, Who has real contractions at 32 weeks anyway, right ?? Umm me !!! The next day I was sick at work, called dr who sent me to er to be checked.. I drove myself. Turns out, I was in pre-labor.. my contractions were 2 mins apart.. and had my son not been breach he would have been born at my work or in my car. Better to be safe then sorry. They told me waiting causes stress on the baby and can cause complications..

I would call the doctor...it is not worth it to wait. I am sure everything is fine...but it never hurts to get things checked out. I will keep you in my prayers :-)

Sometimes Braxton hicka can begin earlier. They did for me with a couple of my children. But I would advise with your problems you should be sure and keep the doctor informed.

CALL THE DR. In 99 I thought I was having braxton hicks contractions at 25 weeks and ended up delivering the next day! I don't want to scare you but I would call the Dr. and leave a message for him to call you, or I would just go to the Hospital it never hurts to be safe!
~AJ

Make sure to keep very hydrated. I got a lot more Braxton Hicks when I didn't make a concerted effort to keep drinking water.

I agree that you should definantly let your doctor know what is going on. I had a lot of what I thought were braxton hicks contractions off and on during my last pregnancy and didn't want to bother my ob...but that is what they are there for! My water ended up rupturing when I was 26 wks and I had to be admitted to the hospital where they gave me medication to stop the contractions, antibiotics to keep away infection and steroids to help the baby's lungs develop. I stayed in the hospital for 3 wks then delivered. My daughter is perfectly healthy and we call her our little miracle baby. I doubt that this will happen to you but it is better to be safe! Good luck.

Call your doctor TODAY and let them know, otherwise you'll be worried all weekend. They may want you to come in and just hook you up to the fetal monitor. In the mean time make sure you're drinking a ton of water. I was up to drinking around 90 oz/day after having preterm contractions at 32 weeks. Also, I think the general rule is that you should not be having more than 4 braxton hicks contractions within an hour.

1 / 3