I Am 33 Weeks Pregnant with Light Menstural Cramps

i am 33 weeks pregnant with light menstural cramps on my upper stomach.. Could this be mini contractions?? i am worried

I agree with drink a ton of water, dehydration can cause contractions and sit and rest. if they don't go away call the doctor.....but I bet they'll go away. Good luck.

well as you're probably aware it's not menstrual cramps you're having :) call the doctor, it could just be braxton hicks.

I would guess Braxton Hicks, but call the doctor to be sure. There should be a doctor on call, so don't hesitate to call right away.

That's not "menstrual cramps." :-) Those are Braxton Hicks contractions. They're practice for the real thing. If they come at regular intervals and get to be five minutes or less apart, and painful then call your doctor. And by painful, I mean that changing position doesn't affect them. You can't talk through them. Drinking water and rehydrating yourself doesn't diminish them. Your belly in its entirety gets hard as a rock and doesn't release (that would be dehydration).

Call your doctor. Could be braxton hicks, could be early labor, could be nothing. Let your doctor give you his opinion. That is what he is trained for and what you pay him for.

Lay down on left side. Drink a ton of water. Your urine should be close to clear in color. Count how many contractions in one hour, how long they last, how frequent. See if water and rest helps diminish number and frequency. If stays the same, call Dr. Go in and get checked. I have had the same thing since about 26 weeks. I'm 30 right now. Went to hospital and they checked me on monitor. I was having some contractions. Said plenty of water and rest if u start having them. Dr. Said better safe than sorry to come in ! Good luck.

i agree, its probably just braxton hicks contractions. but i would give dr a call just in case its the real deal! either way good luck!

It's funny you are posting this question because I'm 30 weeks and I had menstural cramp like feelings last night and figured they were braxton hicks. I just laid down and they went away after a while. However, if they had gotten worse as in more painful and more frequent I would have called my doctor. I kind of freaked out a little at first, but they didn't get any worse and like I said they went away after 45 minutes or so.

If you are that worried then call your doctor, if not then wait a little while and see what happens! :)

call and see what your dr wants you to do. It never hurts to err on the side of caution. Your dr knows your history.

1 / 3