A & B Honor Roll

I was not the child to bring home all A's so clear this up for me. Was there always such a thing as an A & B honor roll?
Back in the day I thought is was an straight A report card in order to be on the honor roll.

What do you remember? Where you the mom that had the school change it because your child had the 1 B and she deserved to be included on the honor roll as well?

We had, if I recall correctly, honors and high honors. Honor roll was all B and above (I don't know if B- qualified or not) and high honors were all A- and above. I also don't recall whether or not it was that all grades had to be above a certain threshold or if just he average had to be.

honor roll has always been A's and B's High honor roll is all A's.
thats the way its always been as far back as I can remember and I will be 50 in march. but it may change from school district to district

When I was in school we had three honor rolls. All A honor roll, A, B honor roll and the A, B and 1 C honor roll.

There was an A&B honor roll and a straight A honor roll.

Good Lord! In my kids school, Honor Roll is only 85-89. High Honors is 90-94, and Principals List is 95 and up (kinda like the trophies for nothing concept, sigh).

So you better BELIEVE I'm looking for minimally High Honors from my kids every single time. They really don't expect much in public school these days, it's just not that HARD. Still in my son's graduating class (in an upper middle class suburban school district), there were only about 25 kids (out of 350) with Principals List all 4 years (and yes, he was one of them).

:)

(No, I would not ask the school to 'give the kid a break' and bump them up a notch cuz they're 'good kids'.)

Our school district has Principal's Honor Roll for straight A students.

We also have Honor Roll for A-B students. My son is currently on Honor Roll even tho' he has 2 C's, 1 B, & 7 A's. Warped, as far as I'm concerned.

I base my expectations on the individual child. My younger son has difficulty with Language skills. Historically, this has been an issue for him. He scores lowest in this subject. Science is always a high score for him. By knowing his strong/weak points, I can better track his scores & address issues as they come up. Thank goodness for a computerized gradebook which is accessible to parents!

As for "having the school change it"....wow, that's not fair. I cannot imagine being a mom who felt the rules had to be changed to include her child who clearly did not meet the criteria nor the standard benchmarks!

I don't remember about elementary and middle school, but in high school it was based on your GPA. We were on a 4 point system (A=4, b=3, c=2, etc.) Some schools do a 5 point system. You take an average of your grades, if it was 3.0 or higher, you were on honor roll.

we had one honor roll (based on that semesters GPA).. but my nephews (now 24) has a 1st and 2nd honors honor roll when they were in HS so I think that's like your A/B.

1 / 3