8 Months Old Has a "Strange" Hair Color

This is just a curiosity question. Our 8 months old's hair looks blond when dry, however when it's wet(at the beach or pool) it gets a definate red color. It's just really strange........ my boys are "white blond "(still at the ages 4 and 6) and I have never seen this happened. My husband's sister has 2 blond boys and a red head girl,whos hair is red red(wet or dry).Does anybody's baby's hair do a" trick" like that:) What happens when they get older???TIA
PS I know that hair looks darker when wet, but blond to red????
Thanks laddies, so is her hair considered strawberry blond then?

thank u very much for all your info. I have been coloring my hair "natural" red since I was a teen , so I surely hope her red stays even if it's just a tint. I can dream ,right:)

My husband was a white headed kid for about 15 years. He was blond after that and still is blond. Its darker blond now because hes not outside in the sun as much and wears a hat when he is. But still obvious blond. He has a red beard and mustache when it grows. If his he gets in just the right light, his hair looks more red. You have a strawberry blond and may grow red facial hair some day too. its neat looking to be blond as an adult man.

TOTALLY normal with blonde hair, since blonde has several different "base" colors. White blonde hair has no base color (can actually look 'clear' under certain circumstances). Cool blondes tend to look brunette when their hair is wet. Warm blondes run from strawberry to caramel to brunette. LIGHT BROWN haired folks (looks blonde, but isn't) can actually look like they have black hair when wet.

<grin> NO telling what will happen when they get older. Towheads sometimes stay cotton blonde, but they usually get some pigment (anything from warm or cool blonde, red, light brown, brunette, and even black). Warm and cool blondes can stay the same or or darken into brown or brunette OR lighten to a paler blonde.

It's part genetics, part hormonal, and part sun exposure. My mom is a honey blonde in sunny climates (needs to spend at least a year to 2 years for the color to change), I'm auburn with blonde streaks in sunny climates. In THIS overcast climate she's a dark "clear" brunette (almost looks black, but the tone's off), and I'm mousy brown.

yup its actually strawberry blond. when dry it is completely blonde, but if you look closely in the sunlight you might find a tinge of red comming through.. and when wet it appears red.

totally normal. your baby's hair will probably grow darker as he/she gets older.

this is TOTALLY normal!! haven't you noticed that your hair changes color when you get it wet.....???

hair changes color over the years..my oldest was born a toe-head now? he's almost a dark brown! :)

It's all good!!

Usually that's called strawberry blonde - which is mainly blonde with a hint of red.

well my oldest was blonde now his hair has changed to light brown. its light brown wet or dry. my other two kids are blonde dry and slightly darker when wet.
i was not much help.

yup. all the time. my daughters hair doesn't know what color it is.....blond, red, brown, plus a few shades in between. :) my boys were blonds but now are dark, though my youngests hair is looking reddish

all hair looks different when it's wet. You've got a strawberry blonde .
It's darker and more apparent because it's wet. most things do this.

1 / 3