Infant Hair Is Turning Red

My 4 month old was born with dark brown hair and a lot of it. Her hair is not looking very red to me. Are red heads born with red hair? Has anyone had a baby born with dark hair that turned out to be red?

Yes that can happen, especially if you spend time out in the sun. Just like many babies are born with very blond hair and it get darker. What ever color she has she is a bundle of joy.
Blessings

yep! My son had darker hair at birth which ended up falling out after a while and it came in reddish blond. I love it!

All three of my children were born with very dark hair-and lots of it. At age 25, my oldest has very dark brown hair, at 22 my middle has what she calls strawberry brown, and my son at 18 is blonde. Anything can happen.

Blessings

Babies' hair color changes all the time. FOr instance, I was born with red (strawberry blond) hair that turned to white and then back to kind of a dirty blond.

My youngest was born with dark hair that is now at 20 months, as white as can be. I expect his hair will darken as he gets older, too.

Hello! I was born with black curly hair. It turned white and straight by the time I was two and is now light brown. I think hair color changes all of the time.
A.
http://www.CareerAtHomeNow.net

I was born with very dark black hair and it turned to red. I'm twenty now and its as red as ever. :)

My first son was born with very dark hair, and lots of it. It eventually fell out, and by the time he was two, his new hair had come in blond. But it darkened to a medium brown over the next few years after that. And I have straight dark brown hair, and we also have toddler pictures of me with red (strawberry blond) curls.

So I don't know - but it seems like the final hair color is unpredictable at this age.

I've found the hair they're born with falls out - my 4-year-old was born with auburn hair that turned blond within a year and my brother was born with orange hair that was blond by nine months, so who knows?

1 / 3