31 Weeks Pregnant and SORE Hips! Help!

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and my left hip is SORE! I sleep with a body pillow and mostly flip from my right side to my left...but man sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a tingling and soreness in my hips. During the day they are starting to be sore more and more. Any suggestions on what I could do? The pillow has helped but I have always slept with a pillow of somesort....and when I became prego switched to a body pillow to support the belly and in between the knees.

Thanks for helping.....

Another vote for a chiropractor. My midwife made me see one after I came shuffling in to an appointment with her. After leaving the chiropractor's office I was actually able to walk for the first time in what felt like forever.

HI--
The relaxin is kicking in big time right now! For me pre-natal yoga did wonders, and going to the chiropractor nearly once a week at the end. Also, sitting on an exercise ball was way more comfortable then anything else. You could also try homeopathic calc phos.

easy...chiropractor.

walking helped me a little bit. Good luck, I remember that feeling and it's not easy.

Yoga and stretching helps a lot- but mostly its something we have to just deal with because of the pregnancy hormone, relaxin, which allows our joints to loosen up.
If you have good insurance I also recommend pregnant acupuncture. :)

We learned a little exercise during childbirth class that helped a lot with hip/lower back pain. It looks really goofy, and I hope I can explain it well to you. =) Here goes: You get down on the floor on all fours, and have your husband kneel next to you, or behind you, whatever's easier. Have him put his hands low on your hips, almost to your butt but not quite, and apply pressure. (I told you, it looks really goofy, and your husband will probably giggle like all the dads did in my class - but I swear - it feels SOOO good.) And you can have him squeeze your hips for a few seconds at a time, however long you want really. It just takes some of the pressure off. Only other things I thought of were a hot bath for the soreness, or swimming. Swimming is a good way to strengthen your muscles without any pressure on your joints. Good luck!

I had the same pain not much to do but wait for baby to come out!

I sat on a balance ball at work (9 hours/day behind a desk). It helped my hips and back because my body was in a little bit of motion all the time, and it forced me to pull up out of the "slouch" position that causes pain from misalignment; there was no pressure on my hips or tailbone. They are only like $15 at Target... TOTALLY worth it if you are sitting all day. It might help alleviate some of your nightime pain as well since you won't have all that built up pressure. And, oh yeah, people made fun of me but at that point I couldn't care less! Good luck!

I loved swimming when I was pregnant. I couldn't sink if I tried, I was so buoyant. My belly would stick up out of the water but floating on my back felt so good and took the pressure off of everything.

1 / 3