2Nd Grade Movie Night Ideas

In charge of a PTO movie night for 2nd graders. Looking for a movie that not everyone would have just seen, maybe even an older release. Must be G or PG. We are leaning toward something not animated, but are open to all ideas. This class' First Grade movie was Snow Buddies. So far the suggestions we have are Racing Stripes and Beethoven. Would love some of your ideas for consideration - Thanks

Mary Poppins?
Bed knobs and Broomsticks?
The sound of music?

I know you said not a cartoon but I love Finding Nemo!

How about an oldie but goody like...
The Goonies
The Princess Bride
The Karate Kid (original)

some of the old disney movies are great.
the apple dumpling gang
parent trap w/haley mills
that darn cat w/haley mills

The 'Night at the Museum' movies? All my kids enjoyed those...

And another thought or two...since there are some concerns over some movies mentioned...

Charlotte's Web
Wizard of Oz
some of the old Shirley Temple movies
National Velvet
Lassie

Up is a good one
Wall-e
not diary of a wimpy kid, you really don't want to encourage the attitude the kids in that movie have.
the new Alice in Wonderland.
Some scooby doo , maybe one of the live action movies.
Sky High
Labyrinth
Never ending story.

Up?
Stuart Little?
Diary of a Wimpy Kid?

I love Babe! Fun for the whole family. :-)

Mary Poppins?
Bed knobs and Broomsticks?
The sound of music?

How to Train Your Dragon is coming out next week. I know you didn't want something animated, but this movie is just terrific! (You could actually save that for their 3rd grade movie.)
Benji - that was a cute movie back in the day... I wonder if you can find a copy of that.
Escape to Witch Mountain - the original - was really cute.
March of the Penguins - very sweet.
YMMV
LBC

1 / 3