Yeast Infection in a 4 Yr Old

Hi Moms - I'm looking for help. My daughter who is four has a yeast infection. I hvae given her the baking soda bath and let her soak a bit, and blew the area with a cool hairdryer, and put on some lotramin. It seems to work pretty well, but this morning she woke up at 5am just crying about how much it hurt and itches. I used the wash cloth and started again.... but does anyone have any suggestions that might help? It's so hard to explain to a 4yr old that I understand, and she is just so miserable. Maybe there just is something I don't know about to help her with the itching and pain. (I think the pain is because she's 4 and the ithcing can be pretty intense) Thanks to anyone who responds!!

Thank you everyone for the great responses! There are so many great suggestions that I received, I have tried a few and will keep the others on hand if needed again. She is feeling much better, unfortunately she's not a great wiper,(but we're working on it) so it's a recurrent problem. SHe does eat yogurt almost eery day and eats very little sugar, but those were helpful hints too. It's always nice to know there is somewhere I can go where people understand what's happening. Thanks for all the great support!

Take her to the doctor for a firm diagnosis. My daughter's MD suggested: Wear loose underwear whenever possible. Do not live in a swim suit when summer arrives. Sleep with only a loose pair of pyjama bottoms. Bath often, but do not ever use bubble bath. My 9 yo daughter had it and it bled so treat it thoroughly. We were prescribed monistat and the above suggestions. It cleared up in a few days, thank goodness. We were on vacation in Myrtle Beach.

How do you know that it is yeast infection?
But , by the way when my daughter had a perspiration in that area this is what I used to do.

Take a cotton ball, soak it in the distilled wated and add 1 drop of the tree essential oil which you can find in any whole food stores. Wipe there morning and evening depending how severe it is.

Wash her clothes in hot water addining 3 drops of the same oil as well. Baking soda does take itching away for a while but does not help as it dries only, but do not desinfect.

Hello C., Take her to the doctor. At this age, they wipe from back to front, instead of front to back. Feces can then cause infections which are not yeast related. Good luck.

Yeast infections are fed by sugar. Get ALL sugar out of her diet...all the -oses, sucrose, fructose, high fructose corn syrup and give her organic yogurt NOT Dannon etc. You can flavor it with stevia or agave and add alittle pure vanilla. No "white" food bread, pasta...anything high in simple carbs creates sugar in your system. A tepid bath with baking soda will help with the itching. Poor little sweetie! You have ALOT of good responses, good luck!

Lotramin isn't what is usually used for a vaginal yeast infection, so it isn't working. Different anti-fungals, work on different organisms. Go to the drug store and ask the pharmacist for something like Monistat. There also are wipes and things that can help with the itching. Once you get the correct medication for her, she should start to feel better within a day, but use the medication for the full length that the package recommends so it doesn't come back. If it doesn't go away within that time period, you will need to take her to the doctor because it may not be yeast, it may be bacteria. The sooner you get the medication, the sooner she will feel better.

A yeast infection is a sign of an internal imbalance. You can't win by fighting it externally. Candida (yeast) is everywhere and everyone has it in them. It's just a matter of balance. If your gut has a lot of friendly bacteria, the candida (yeast) cannnot grow out of control. If you every had antibiotics, that wipes out the good and bad bacteria... and it allows the candida (yeast) to proliferate. Once the yeast are out of control, the only way to effectively deal with them is through diet.

The best diet to get rid of yeast is the Body Ecology Diet. It works. You can try drugs, pills, supplements, etc, but to get to the core of the issue, you'll need to do the diet. Otherwise, your daughter will recurring yeast infections.

I wonder if your daughter craves bread/pasta/pizza... sometimes that is a tip-off for a yeast overgrowth in the gut.

C.,

One of the first things you need to do is remove all items that contain sugar from her diet. I know that is hard with a little one but sugar filled snacks will only cause the yeast to get worse. Yeast loves sugar. The second thing I would do is get her started on a probiotic. I would also start giving her some yogurt everyday. I wish you grace and luck with this situation. Blessing! J.

It's outside of the box, but it sounds like you are open to natural solutions. OPC-3, a very powerful antioxident, doesn't allow yeast to cause infections in our bodies. My company has a formula for children as well as adults that is isotonic (95% absorbable in 5-10 minutes). It contains no sugar and she can drink it (2 oz.) and will benefit in overall health as well.

Just a thought. Won't be an instant solution, but could help if this is an ongoing problem.

Hang in there!

You need to go to your pharmisyst. It will cost 11 dollars to 15 dollars. Your insurance doesn't cover it and its not on shelves pharmacy has to order it if they don't have it in stock. It only takes a day. Its called cami------. I don't know the exact name it starts with a c and its pink like cammil lotion but its thick lick the desitine. It doesn't smell if anything it will leave a pink mark in her underwear which will wash out. If you can get it and put it on her tonight all her stuff will be gone to morrow morning. Its the best diaper ointment I have ever got. The pediatrician had me get it when one of my kids had a bad diaper rash. It was the only thing that worked and it works great for that.

I would call the pediatrician. I get them frequently and take a diflucon, symptoms clear within 24 hours, and that is when it is really bad. Not sure if a diflucon can be taken by a 4-year-old but I'm sure the pediatrician will know of something to relieve and cure it quickly. In my opinion it is not worth trying home remedies while your daughter continues to suffer . . .

1 / 3