Drs. aren't much help in chronic conditions - they usually prescribe drugs and hope it works, and when it doesn't, there is not much else they know to do. They try to get rid of symptoms rather than the root of the problem.
Internal yeast infections can be gotten rid of, but it will take a month or two, possibly longer if you have had it for a long time.
1. Eliminate all sugars from your diet - sugars feed yeast so it grows out of control, overwhelming other good microflora in your body. While you are healing, you need to eliminate natural sugars as well as refined sugars, so go easy even on fruit.
2. Eliminate refined (white) flour from your diet - this acts much as refined sugar in your body. It will feed the yeast.
3. Take probiotics supplements twice a day - this is one of the biggest things you can do that will help - it will reestablish proper microflora balance in your system. The best army against 'bad' microflora is 'good' microflora. It really works
4. Take a good broad spectrum digestive enzyme with proteases in it - get it from a health food store or whole foods - this will help your body process faster the waste products from the dying yeast and ameliorate the symptoms of a yeast die-off. It will also improve your digestion in general.
5. Take a good omega 3 oil supplement (fish oil best, flax oil second best) - this is an excellent anti-inflammatory
6. Some anti-fungal natural supplements: caprylic acid, olive leaf extract, Pau D'arco herb (made into a strong tea and taken 2x a day), oregano oil, garlic caps
Candida weakens the immune system, so it is hard for your body to get rid of. The best way is to quit feeding it -
I really recommend for you a book called 'Body Ecology Diet' - its main aim is to establish a healthy inner ecosystem - it has a lot of good information in it. Having a candida infection causes a host of problems even with no symptoms at first - over the long haul it can wreak havoc with your body and your immune system.
Another suggestion I would make is to find a good naturopathic doctor for your chronic health needs -
Hope this helps-!