Winter Party Games for 5-6 Year Olds

I am planning the Winter Party for my son's 1st grade class. Our theme is "Snow Much Fun". I need ideas for games to play, the best would be somwthing that relates to our theme. Thanks so much!

How about a "snowball fight"? Use wadded up balls of paper (recycle old homework papers or old test papers).

Check out this link: http://party.kaboose.com/seasonal/winter/winter-party.html
There seem to be some really cute and fun winter themed games on here. They look perfect for that age group, too! =0)

Well I can give you one idea that I came up with last year when I had to homeschool two of my children for a year. I felt bad that they weren't going to have a class Christmas party like their siblings were at public school so I decided to do what I could to have a party.

We decided to have an indoor snowball fight. Now wait! It wasn't real snow. lol. We used marshmallows. They are soft and aren't messy unless someone licks them. Even still it's easy to clean up.

They had the most fun. We had so much fun that we had to do it again when the other two children found out about it. It then became a big family snowball fight. God Bless~

How about like a bean-bag toss. Only use "snow Balls" and o's can be snowflakes, and x's can be snowmen....to make: use a card board box, flip it upside down, cut out flaps in a tic tac toe form. You could also build snow men out of styrofoam shaped balls and felt pieces for clothes. They could have a snowball fight! Make snowballs out of cotton! glue a bunch of cotton balls together to make snowballs...Soft & safe. Craft stores and dollar stores have all sorts of things that will give you ideas as well...Have fun!

What about one of those boards with holes in them. The kids can throw "snow balls" into the holes. Not so much a game, but get small stamps or sponges and have them paint a snow scene. Do a ring toss where the sticks are snowmen. Have them guess the number of snowballs in the jar. Use white dinner mints for a small jar or golf/ping-pong balls for a large jar. Have a winter themed BINGO. These are just some thoughts in no particular order. I hope they help.

How about a version of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" with a snowman and a carrot or if you want more than on winner have snowflakes on the snowman instead of carrot. You could also do a matching game like memory with snowflakes. What about a snowball throwing contest, you could make snowballs out of styrofoam balls covered in cotton, doilies or snowflakes cut out of paper. Then you would need to have a large piece of cardboard or wooden stand with a hole cut into it toss the balls into. Hope this helps, have fun!

If the gym is available students can "ice skate" Have students step on large coffee filters and slide around on the floor.

I searched a little on the web and found a site for you to check out - http://holidays.kaboose.com/xmas-party.html
I didn't want to write them down only for you to read again. You can also do a search ( I use dogpile ) for kids christmas party games. There are lots of them.

I also have a 6 year old and know how much he likes to do crafts. I often order things from Oriental Trading for my kids to do when they're feeling crafty :) They have some simple crafts for kids and they come in individual packages of 12. My daughter recently had a Halloween party and we used some of the crafts. They were a big hit. Just an idea. Hope the party is great!

1 / 3