Where to Look for School Clothes?

Anyone have ideas as to where to buy clothes for a girl who is 5 but is between a 6/6x and a 7 that won't make her look like she is a mini-teenager? I wish Carter's or a similar little kids brand would make some larger sizes for young elementary kids...I just hate the 7-16 dept at most stores.

Hanna Anderson...they have a store in North Park and are on line...a bit expensive, but they have sales...very high quality!

You could try the Children's Place. I always find coupon codes for them online by doing a google search and do all of my shopping on their website. They usually have some really good prices.

I am in the same boat. Same sizes too actually....Would love to hear what others have to say. I haven't had much luck.

Is Gymboree to little girlish? They have an outlet in Allen. In fact, they have an Osh Kosh, Neiman Markus Last Call, Gap Kids, etc. Great place to shop for kids clothes. I agree with the dpt store thing. All of the kids clothes look like mini teenage clothes. I was so disappointed even for a 3T size. Anyway, good luck!

The Carter's store at Firewheel Mall goes up to size 7 girls. I wasn't sure if you had tried that? I ditto the Children's Place who has really cute clothes! Also, I love the kid's departments at JC Penney, Kohl's and Sears. Good Luck!

I know a lady that makes custom clothing for children. You choose the style and the fabric. We have had several dresses & capris sets made by her, and I just contacted her about back-to-school outfits for my two girls. (My oldest is starting kindergarten and she loves kittens, so she is doing a skirt with an appliqued tee shirt for her with kitty print fabric.) She is great to work with, does beautiful work, and I think is pretty reasonable for that sort of thing. Good luck!
www.sweetbeedesigns.com
A.

May also want to try Lands End (landsend.com). If you sign up for their mailing list they almost always have free shipping offers, especially in the current economy. They also typically contribute to rebate programs like Upromise, credit card rewards, and ebates

I have a daughter in the same situation. I love Gymboree. They have cute looks that are age appropriate and go up to size 12. If you hit the sales it's not as expensive. Right now they have a 20% off coupon they sent in the mail.

1 / 3