Where to Find Goat's Milk?

My 12 m.o. is not digesting milk well, and it has become apparent he is/has been sensitive to milk products. We have been using soy for a few weeks with good results, but would like to switch to goat's milk. Does anyone know where we can find it? I came across cans at Walmart for nearly $3/12oz. Would rather get cold/fresh if available.

Better Health or Whole Foods. There's also Almond milk. You can get all the nutrients, unsweetened or not, or Vanilla flavor. If you're using soy, this would work too and it's an easy transition. I used to use Silk and switched to almond milk.

Kroger sells it it fresh in 1 quart cartons. I think it was about $3.29 or maybe $3.59. Hope this helps =)

Just an fyi, goat's milk still has milk protiens in it, so if your son has a hard time with milk, I would buy a test can first. I know trader joe's has it, if one is near you.

Hello R., I used to buy it at Meijer in the milk cooler. Good luck.

Hi R.---As I understand it, and I tend to think it makes sense, milk, is meant to be consumed by the 'animal' that produces it. Cows milk for cows, human milk for humans. I apologize if I've shared this with you before, but take some time to explore www.strongbones.org.

Having said that, I also think, on a limited basis, that raw milk may have some health benefits, as a majority of the nutrition will not have been destroyed by pasteaurization. I have also read that goats milk is most like human milk. There is a farm in Grand Blanc that sells shares in their goats so that you can get raw goats milk. I have always been meaning to try it, but I only have an 18 yr old at home, and he is the only one that uses milk (organic) occasionally in his cold cereal. So I haven't seen the need to get 2 gallons a week because we don't use it that much. I use rice and almond milks mostly. I do use goats milk yogurt on the occasion I need it.

Here is their location: Grand Blanc: Simple Times Farm, 6081 E Baldwin Rd Grand Blanc, MI 48439. ____@____.com . Formerly Panting Deer Acres. Offering goat shares for those wishing to drink raw goat's milk from their own animals. Farm fresh eggs, raw honey and more.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. In health, D.
###-###-####

I don't know where you're located, but there is a farm in Zeeland that has a goat share program. We've owned a share for about 2 years now. You pay a monthly boarding fee of $32.50 (for a full share) and get one gallon per week. They also offer half shares. My kids love the goat milk, so much so that my son asked me if McDonald's sells goat milk :-) The people's names are John & Mary Windemeuller, and there email address is ____@____.com

R.,

You may want to try either an Asian market or a Jamaican market. I know they use those products a lot and I may be wrong but they may carry it there. However, be prepared because I don't think it comes in a gallon like cow's milk. The largest may be a half gallon, if that and I think it is pricey.

Take care,

A

Hi!
The best price I've found is at Trader Joes - it's still expensive but worth it if you're little one is having issues with cow's milk! Good Luck!

Not sure where you live but you can probably get it at any health food store. We have Harvest Health Foods here in Grand Rapids and I know they have some.

Maybe consider rice milk, that is what my family drinks, we don't do dairy either.

1 / 3