Where Do You Sit in a Booth When Out to Dinner?

If you went to dinner with say your husband or boyfriend or male friend. Do you sit next to him on the same side of the booth? Or do you sit across from them?
I would sit across from them.
What do you think about people who sit next to someone in a booth when there are just 2 people? Why do you sit next to them in a booth if you do that?

I love all your responses!

I HATE sitting next to my husband in a both. You don't have much room for plates, you can't really look at each other without sitting sideways. It feels very awkward. Whenever I walk next to a couple sitting next to each other I always chuckle on the inside, because it just looks so awkward!

We achieve intimacy, closeness, good conversation...sitting across from each other. Sitting with my neck to the side so long, is painful!

GREAT QUESTION!!

I like sitting across from my husband when we have date night, so we can talk and hold hands across the table, but sitting next to each other is really intimate too :)

Across, for myself but when I see a couple sitting next to each other with no other company, I'm intrigued.

Dating--next to

Married--across from

Married with kid(s)--chasing kid(s)

ROFL, it's young love when two people sit on the same side of the booth!

Typically we sit across from each other. I used to sit facing the door, but now that we both have our CHL it doesn't matter who sits where...we're both armed and should something go down, either of us can handle ourselves. (And yes, that's why I would sit facing the door, so if some lunatic came in waving a gun, I could pull my weapon and handle it.)

Across. I don't really like my husband and wouldn't want to get his germs. Sorry. I'm in a stupid mood.

We sit across from one another...I like to look at him when we are talking. We rarely get a meal just the two of..I don't want to cramp us in one side and hurt my neck just to look at him.

People who share one side when just the two of them...well I really don't know how I feel. I guess it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when driving down the road and in a truck the girl is sitting in the middle right next to her mate...ugh...that irritates me and I have no reason for it to.

GREAT QUESTION!!

1 / 3