When Did You Start to Feel the Baby Move?

Hi Ladies,
I am pregnant with my 2nd baby and was wondering when you all started to feel the baby move for the first time. I have heard that you can feel it sooner because you know what you are looking/feeling for. But, I was just curious as to what other moms thought. I think that I feel "it" move sometimes, but I am not sure. Also, I was wondering when you had to start wearing maternity clothes, cause my regular jeans are already way to tight!!
Thanks in advance,
A.

I can't remember exactly with the movement, but I definately remember that with baby #2 I had to wear maternity pants almost immediately. Like around 2 1/2 months none of my regular clothes fit around my waist.

Congratulations!
A.

im 13 weeks 5 days and i have felt my baby a cupple times but nothing big yet, just little bups

With my second and third I felt the little flutter at about 10 weeks, and girl about the maternity clothes, GO FOR IT!!. Unpack those things and get comfortable. With my second I was in maternity right before my second trimester. With my third I was 10 weeks and should have done it the day I found out. If I go for a fourth I'm going to put them on when I start trying LOL!!

I felt my second "fluttering" around 11 weeks...at which time I was also busting out of my regular clothes. Go ahead and get comfortable! Old Navy makes great maternity wear for the early weeks with that wide elastic waist. I wore the heck out of a couple pairs of their khaki/capris with my second. Not only was I in maternity wear sooner during the pregnancy, but I was bigger after the baby was born, so I broke out those comfy pants again for a few weeks. (Don't let this worry you..I actually lost the baby weight more quickly the second time around...probably because I was chasing a toddler!)

Its my first pregnancy and I'm 26weeks....I felt her flutter at 10weeks and they became kicks around 13-15weeks I believe. She is definitely a mover and a shaker because there hasnt been a day yet where she hasnt done gymnastics in my tummy :) Which is fine by me because I know she's still doing well.
I'm pretty petite and started wearing my comfy pants first then progressed to maternity with the awesome stretchy band at about 2.5months. I do have to say they are crazy comfortable to wear.

With my second I was already wearing elasticated waists at 8 weeks. Maternity was still way too big, but nothing was fitting anymore either. As for feeling the baby move-I think it is different for every pregnancy. I'm not sure that knowing what to look for helps too much. I felt my first at 15 weeks and my second at 19 weeks. He was also smaller than my first so maybe that was the difference.

N.

With my third I started to feel her around 13wks...the more pregnancies, the faster you feel the baby.

This is my first pregnancy, and I don't recall feeling my little one move until I was almost 19 wks...of course now she's all over the place. I've been using a belly band to augment the waistband of my pre-pregnancy clothes since three months, and now (23 wks) I'm starting to appreciate long loose skirts and maternity pants.

Everything seems to happen sooner the 2nd pregnancy. I felt my second baby move probably 4-6 weeks earlier than the first. And yes, those clothes don't quite stay as small as long as they did the first time around.

Congrats!

Oh! Aimee's response does remind me- I had a 14 hours labour w/ #1, and a 46 hours labour w/ #2...so, very true, second & subsequent labours are not always shorter!

1 / 3