What's Your Favorite Baby Boy Name First and Middle Combination?

we are still looking for the perfect name...which one is your favorite?

Aaron Nicholas
Aaron Julian
Miles James
Ethan Nicholas
Julian Matthew
Matthew William
Matthew Owen

I agree with that it is more important that first and last name sound good together.

Of the choices you listed, I like Julian Matthew or Matthew William. I also like the names Miles and James, but they don't work together. Miles Julian sounds a lot better.

My brother is "James Matthew", so I love that combo. :-)

I know you didn't have it listed together, but I love Julian Matthew, Owen James, and Nicholas Miles. Good luck!

M

What about Matthew James? It flows well together. Out of the ones you mention I like Julian Matthew the best!

I like Aaron Nicholas but I think you should switch it around to be Nicholas Aaron...I love the name nicholas (which is pry why I named my son that...Nicholas Richard James)

Miles is my all time favorite name, but I think "Miles Julian" flows more nicely than "Miles James."

My all time favorite boys name is Ryan...I think it goes so well with so many last names. Along the same line it is so tough for me to give advice on names because to me it MUST go with the last name. I esp dont like it when first names end and last name start with same sound- Say for example Miles Sinclair...you have to work too hard to get the last name sound out and it ends up changing the first name Mile Sinclair. You won't have to worry about that though with P as your first sound though!

All of the names that you list are really good ones though so you won't go wrong. If I had to choose (without know your last name) I would do Aaron Ethan or Julian with James in the middle.

On that list, while not knowing how it sounds with your last name, I prefer Matthew Owen. Good luck!!

Edited to add:

After reading the other posts, I agree with those that say that if the child's last name is going to start with a "P" that Matthew Owen shouldn't be used cause of MOP! It would end up being a nickname. But Owen Matthew would be really cute!

My fav is Julian Matthew

I would say no to Matthew Owen only because it looks like your last name begins with P and your son's initials will always spell MOP. The name itself is perfectly lovely, but the initials....think of him being a grown man with his initials on his brief case or luggage. MOP...not so good. :)

I love all of these names. Seriously. You almost can't go wrong with any combination.

Let us know which one you finally choose when your baby arrives, okay?

Best wishes.

Ethan Nicholas

If you swapped the order I like Owen Matthew. Have you ever read the book A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving? Great book and I've loved the name Owen ever since.

1 / 3