What's Your Favorite Baby Boy Name First and Middle Combination?

we are still looking for the perfect name...which one is your favorite?

Aaron Nicholas
Aaron Julian
Miles James
Ethan Nicholas
Julian Matthew
Matthew William
Matthew Owen

I agree with that it is more important that first and last name sound good together.

Of the choices you listed, I like Julian Matthew or Matthew William. I also like the names Miles and James, but they don't work together. Miles Julian sounds a lot better.

My brother is "James Matthew", so I love that combo. :-)

I know you didn't have it listed together, but I love Julian Matthew, Owen James, and Nicholas Miles. Good luck!

M

What about Matthew James? It flows well together. Out of the ones you mention I like Julian Matthew the best!

I like Aaron Nicholas but I think you should switch it around to be Nicholas Aaron...I love the name nicholas (which is pry why I named my son that...Nicholas Richard James)

Miles is my all time favorite name, but I think "Miles Julian" flows more nicely than "Miles James."

My all time favorite boys name is Ryan...I think it goes so well with so many last names. Along the same line it is so tough for me to give advice on names because to me it MUST go with the last name. I esp dont like it when first names end and last name start with same sound- Say for example Miles Sinclair...you have to work too hard to get the last name sound out and it ends up changing the first name Mile Sinclair. You won't have to worry about that though with P as your first sound though!

All of the names that you list are really good ones though so you won't go wrong. If I had to choose (without know your last name) I would do Aaron Ethan or Julian with James in the middle.

On that list, while not knowing how it sounds with your last name, I prefer Matthew Owen. Good luck!!

Edited to add:

After reading the other posts, I agree with those that say that if the child's last name is going to start with a "P" that Matthew Owen shouldn't be used cause of MOP! It would end up being a nickname. But Owen Matthew would be really cute!

My fav is Julian Matthew

I would say no to Matthew Owen only because it looks like your last name begins with P and your son's initials will always spell MOP. The name itself is perfectly lovely, but the initials....think of him being a grown man with his initials on his brief case or luggage. MOP...not so good. :)

I love all of these names. Seriously. You almost can't go wrong with any combination.

Let us know which one you finally choose when your baby arrives, okay?

Best wishes.

Ethan Nicholas

If you swapped the order I like Owen Matthew. Have you ever read the book A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving? Great book and I've loved the name Owen ever since.

Miles Julian! I love both these names..too cute!

If I had to pick again...I would choose either Julian Matthew OR
Matthew Owen.

I love the name Matt...I have a Matthew James!

M

first choice, matthew william. second choice aaron nicholas, third choice would be nicholas aaron(I realize that wasn't one of your options, but i like the sound) also, nicholas matthew.

Either Aaron Julian or Ethan Nicholas. Good Luck!

Oh try Neil Mathias, but if you have those then Julian Matthew is cool.

I like Matthew William or Owen.

My favorite boy name is Matthew James.

I love the name Ethan but would have paired it with James or Owen as the middle name.

Aaron Nicholas is my favorite. Matthew William is great too but when he is older what will he be called matt bill. Good Luck!!!

Julian Matthew or Matthew Owen. Both great strong names.

Congrats and Good luck!

I see I'm the first one with this vote, but I like Aaron Nicholas. My youngest is Aaron Jonathan. (-:

Aaron Julian ,lovely name

Julian by far. Julian James, Julian Owen, Julian Nicholas, Julian Matthew

I like Aaron Nicholas, Ethan Nicholas, Ethan James and Julian Nicholas!

Updated

Owen William or Owen Mathew. Owen is such a cute and unique but not too unique.

I love the name Ethan. What about Ethan James? (I like them all by the way)

Cole Sabastian
Ayden Hunter
Liam Jacob
Andrew Michael
Joseph Matthew
Christopher Paul
John Matthew

I like Matthew Owen. Though they are all great names! Good luck!

Miles James :) Good Luck

Again, if your last name starts with P..No Matthew Owen, even though it's cute! MOP =)

I like (in order): Matthew William, Julian Matthew, Aaron Julian. Combinations you didn't list but I like are Aaron James, Julian Miles, Ethan Miles, and Matthew James.

Your last name is more important in the flow of the name, since they will be said together far more often than the first and middle!

I'll probably be in the minority here but I like Aaron Julian the best. Then my second pick would be Julian Matthew.

I've always liked the name Matthew. It's a strong name even if you shorten it to Matt.

Quite honestly though I like all the names you have on your list here!

Aaron Nicholas or Aaron Julian or even Aaron James. Guess you could say I would choose Aaron no matter what, out of you list.

I like Julian Matthew best.

Matthew Owen, and Ethan Nicholas

I like Ethan or Julian. Some other nice combos:

Ethan Harper
Julian Mason

Julian Matthew is my vote.

I work at both my kids schools and don't ever hear of a Julian. Matt is a very common "older" name, skip that one!

1st choice-Miles James (as long as you don't plan to call him MJ)
2nd choice-Matthew Owen

Julian Matthew,Ethan Nicholas,Matthew Owen.Good luck!

I like Julian Matthew and Matthew Owen from your list.
Re-arranged from your list I like Ethan Julian or Ethan James. =) They are all classic names that will never go out of style. ery nice choices! Good Luck!

Matthew Owen, runs off the tongue the best.

Aaron Julian for sure. Those two names are some of my favorite boys' names.

I really like the names Taylor, Brogan or Jared. Good Luck

Oh, do we get to vote? What fun! My vote is for Matthew Owen... IF it goes well with your last name.

I tend to like a combination in which both names don't end with the same sound. But that's just me.

My top three favorites are: Ethan Nicholas, Julian Matthew, and Matthew Owen. I have an Ethan, and his middle name is Elliott. I really like how Ethan Elliott sounds. Ethan Nicholas is good too!

I like Ethan Nicholas or Matthew Owen. But I really don't think anyone would be teased with the initials M.O.P. No one seems to really pay attention to that anymore. Who goes around telling their middle name? And really, M.O.P. isn't bad at all.

I also like Ethan James

Confused yet? You did ask!

Aaron Nicholas or Matthew Owen.

Kiel Alexander Kiel is pronouned kyle

S.,

From your list:
Ethan Nicholas

My version of your list:
Owen James
Owen Miles
Ethan William (kind of looks like a writer's name)

~K.

How about

Max Hudson or Eliot James ?

I have always loved the name Luke. It means "God's Light." Matthew is a great name too. Good luck!

I have an Ethan Francis. :) So I of course like the name Ethan. I like Ethan William. I think Julian Miles is nice as well. Have a great day and good luck~!