What Is Your Favorite Bottle for Breastfed Baby?

Hello! My husband and I are getting prepared for our baby who is due in July. I am planning on breastfeeding him as much as possible but, need to have some bottles on hand in case my husband needs to feed him some milk too. In the past, we've used Avent bottles and really liked them... But, we're wanting to replace our old Avent bottles for ones that are BPA-free. When I was looking for new ones, I noticed that the price of Avent bottles has gone up quite a bit. I tried finding some reviews on bottles and saw that a lot of moms recommended Gerber Nuk but, I was hoping to hear what other moms prefer... Hopefully from moms who breastfed their baby as much as possible. Any and all responces would help me out. I really appreciate the help!

Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions. It's definately helped in deciding which bottles are worth using and which ones to stay away from. I appreciate all the help! Thanks again!

S.,

I exclusively breastfed my little guy until I went back to work. Then I had the same challenge you are in-- which bottle to get. I ended up getting the Soothie bottle. He has that for his paci and it seemed to be the only that he'd really like. My sister-in-law watches him and she got him to use the Doctor Brown bottles too.

BreastFlow by First Years. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but my daughter (now 9 months) has had no problem switching between me and it. Blessings!

I used Dr. Brown nipples with Evenflo glass bottles for my breastfed daughter and they were great! She rarely had bottles and took to these very nicely. I found it to be the most inexpensive ($5.99 for 3 Evenflo 8 oz glass bottles on Amazon.com - good deal!) , BPA free, breastfeeding friendly way to go.

I used Evenflo glass bottles from Target. They're small. They're maybe half the size of the big plastic bottles...or about 500 ml. (which is 4-5 oz. I think). It's the only bottle I've ever used and I like it because it's glass. When my son was very young (2 mos or so) it seemed to come a little fast for him, but we would just tip it back so he could catch up a little. He is still exclusively breastfed and it's still the same bottle I use when he's occasionally babysat or when we're traveling in the car.

I love the Born-Free bottles, which come in glass and BPA-free plastic. I'd had Avent recommended to me when I was pregnant because it was supposed to be good for reducing upset tummies. Because of BPA concerns, I switched to Born Free and really love them. When my daughter started to struggle between breastfeeding and having a bottle, I switched back to only using Level 1 nipples on the bottle at home, which kept the flow closer to what she gets when breastfeeding. My baby turns one this weekend, and breastfeeding and bottle-feeding have not been problem!

We use the Playtex Nurser (the one with the drop in liners) on the rare occasion our now 5 month old takes a bottle. We've never had a problem with him taking it.

My husband I went thru the same situation. We used Gerber Nuk, due to cost reasons, for several months until we switched to the BPA free Advent bottles. I loved the Gerber Nuk bottles for a while, but then noticed that my son was spitting up quite frequently. He was getting too much air intake when feeding off of the Gerber Nuk bottles. I tried the Advent bottle over the Christmas break and we noticed a significant difference in his spitting up. The Advent BPA bottles are more expensive; however for the quality that they bring you cant compare in the price then. My friend also used the Dr. Brown bottles and absolutely loves them. They are BPA free and they are known to reduce spit ups significantly. If my husband and I didnt just spend an arm and leg on all new Advent BPA free bottles we would have switched to those. Good luck and always use something that you and the baby are comfortable with.

We made it to one year and only used 3 ounces of formula (and I worked at least part time!) I started out with the First Years BreastFlow and when he stopped taking them very well around 4 months we switched to the Nuk (it seems pretty common for babies to want to change bottles around that age)

I breast fed as long as I could and we use Born Free bottles. We love them and my daughter loves them. They are a little more expensive than some others, but they are BPA free and not too crazy of a system. My sister loves Dr Brown, but I just thought there were too many parts. Good Luck!

we've used the medela bottles and nipples and they've been great (BPA-free too). now that he's teething more, he works on the nipple pretty hard sometimes, which causes it to get crooked and leak on occasion, but we've liked them just fine and they fit my pump. at 10 mo, he's exclusively breastfed (and breastmilk bottle fed). good luck!

1 / 3