What Do You Do with Christmas Cards You Get from Friends and Family?

I appreciate when friends and family send up Christmas greetings and updates on their families. I especially like getting pictures!
I just don't know how to display, hang, or show them for the few short weeks of the holiday. We have practically no surface space to stand them up. I typically hang a string and hang the card over the string. But then what do you do with the pictures?

Just looking for creative ideas to have the cards out but not have my house be so cluttered.

Hi, S.

Take an empty coffee can, remove the bottom and completely cover the can with string. (Winding the string/yarn from top to bottom, completely covering the can, tie it off. Take the cards and slip each one through a string for a beautiful display. You can also do the same thing with birthday or get well cards. It makes a pretty nice conversation piece.

A.

I just tape them up to a wall (all in the same place) - it looks like a christmas card collage :) The kids love it b/c they can help tape them.
Oh, and I only apply the tape to the written side of the card. Then when I take them down after christmas, I cut off the unused, pretty front part, and save them to use as fun gift tags for next year!

I went to Ace and bought silver key rings, tied a ribbon through them and slid the card onto the key ring. They hang really nice from the beaded garland that I push pinned to the wall.

Hi, I bought a large slide in photo album and after Christmas I slide the photos in the album. It is fun to see how the kids change over the years and my kids love to get the book out and look at it all the time. Also, this year I put a cute corkboard at the end of our basement stairs and put the cards on display there (it usually has my kids art work on it!)

S.,

I heard of a mom (somewhere, can't remember where) that takes the pictures and puts them into a photo album that stands on its own and can be flipped from front to back.

Every evening at dinner the family flips to the next photo, talks about the family pictured - time spent together, where they live, past memories - and includes them in their evening prayer.

I thought this was very sweet and a loving.

Have a Merry Christmas!

-C..

We cut the cards at the fold and give the fronts to our church. They use them the next year to make tags to hang on "The Giving Tree" that they have up during Christmas. (They put the gender and age of someone in need on the back and parishioners take the tags, purchase gifts, and return them to the church).

As for the pictures, why not buy an album that is just for the photos you receive in your Christmas cards? That way, you can look back and see how the people in the photos have changed over the years. Even if you aren't into scrapbooking, you can add the year to the top of the page and some decorations to make each year unique. This would be a great thing to pass onto your kids some day.

Have a wonderful holiday!

We tape ours to the closet door, with the pictures inside them. My MIL tapes them to the table side of the kitchen cupboards. You could get a card wreath from bed bath and beyond to hang on the door.
A. H

clothespin the pictures

We put ours on the tree! It is a near way tp display themand keep the house clutter free too!

I do what my mom always did. I tape them to a doorway. In my current house they are around the door frame going from the dining room into the living room. As you get more it becomes like a garland around the door.

I hang all of my cards around my arches and doorways with clear scotch tape. After the holidays, I make scrapbooks with all the pictures from the year. :)

1 / 3