Well Water Ruining My Hair!

We moved to a city (twshp) 1.5 years ago where our water comes from a well. This is a first for me. Besides the obvious disadvantages: smell, taste, and challenging toilet stains; I am now dealing with hair damage. I have a very good hair stylist who suggested malibu treatments, however, I am not noticing much change at all. So, I wondered if anyone had any other ideas. Is there such thing as a showerhead filter that can purify the shower water - much like a purifier on a refridgerator? I did some searching on-line for such a thing but still not sure if it will do what I want. Basically, my hair is getting dry, damaged, and regardless of the conditioner I use, it takes a lot of work to get my hair detangled every morning. Oh, BTW - We do have a water softner but still problems. Ideas?

Did you look into puting in a water filter that connects between the pump and the house hookup? This will help with the taste, and stains. They can be located at any hardware store. good luck

Try washing your hair in vinegar. It will take out all the build up from the hard water and any other styling products you may use. Wet hair normally, rinse in vinegar then wash with shampoo without rinsing the vinegar, then rinse normally and rewash if needed.

Hope this helps - S.

We had the same problem, my blonde hair was gradually turning red. We got a whole new system put in that requires no maintenance, goes through half the water for regeneration and is much better for the environment. It needs no salt, nothing. It's great! It's Eco-safe - ###-###-#### or www.saltfreewater.com The guy Max is really great. The system is great! If you call him, let him know A. sent you.

CI A,
Your water softner isnt working, dont waste your money on one of them shower heads just call your culligan man and get your softner fixed then do the white vinegar trick.
I used to have the same problem when my hair was long and its blonde but would turn orange, SUCKED !!

I live in Beverly Hills and although it's not well water, it has completely ruined my hair. It took me a long time to realize what the difference was between my old Livonia good hair days and then after the move. I'm glad to read the different suggestions here. Hope one will work for me too.

I have very long, curly hair that is now very dry. It's a struggle to keep it in good health. Please try Aussie Moist shampoo and the conditioner. You'll be amazed. My absolute can't live without, will cry if it's ever discontinued is Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner. You need very little and it will completely change your struggle with brushing your hair and the dryness you have now. You'll wonder how you ever did without.

If your softener is working properly you should not have any smell, taste, or problems with rings in the toilet. The softener actually makes your hair too soft, that is why I think your might not be working. I can tell instantly when we need more salt or if it needs to be cleaned out. My water will start to smell, and the water in the shower will not be as slippery. You will notice a huge difference when you get it taken care of and you will probably even like the taste of it.

If your problem of dryness and tangling persists, you need a silicone product. The pantene that somebody suggests is great, and I also recommend a product like frizz-ease (pricey but it goes a long way, plus there are some cheaper options). Start with a light formula and use a small amount, like 2 or 3 pumps on wet hair. After your hair is partially dry, you can use a shine spray if you need a little more shine. I cannot live without silicone...okay that's a stretch but it makes all the difference in my thick, wavy, long highlighted hair! Of course, it's a topical fix as the silicone doesn't absorb into your hair (or your skin, don't be scared by crazies!) so you'll have to use it every day. Until you find better water, you'll have great luck!

~L.

you need to do a final rinse with cool water, but first you need to use a clarifying shampoo and a good deep or leave in conditioner that you can get a a salon. redken, matrix, paul mitchell,and nexus all have very good ones.

1 / 3