Wearing Tampons While Swimming

Before I had my son I used to wear tampons. I haven't since because my periods are a bit heavier and I feel a little 'safer' wearing them.... well, I don't recall ever swimming while wearing a tampon, so I wanted to know if it's really safe or not. I just got my period today, and tomorrow we are invited to a family members house for a BBQ & swimming. I'd like to go in, but I'm a bit apprehensive. I guess I would have to keep an eye on the clock and come in to change it frequently?? Is it okay?

Thanks... I figured that they were ideal for water. I guess I'm just afraid of an 'accident' showing up in the pool and I needed a little reassurance. I plan on going swimming!

i swim all the time with a tampon. just use a more absorbant one if you are heading to teh pool, and as soon as you get out 9well, within 30 minutes) i woudl go and change it. but there is nothing wrong with it! enjoy the party!

nutrition and swim coach and triathlete!
www.nutrition-in-motion.net

PS. i use OB as well! always worked and like them better than playtex sport. also have used the cup, but tricky sometimes to get it in correctly! but when you do, fab!

Hi T.,
I only use tampons--never pads--for my period and I always swim with them safely. Did you know that your body actually "stops" menstruating when you are submerged in water? Just change them as you would normally, like very 2-3 hours. I love o.b. tampons and rarely have any leaking issues. Just make sure to tuck that pesky little string safely in your swimsuit. Have fun!

www.nutrition-in-motion.net

I don't wear tampons since I found the Diva cup. It is a fantastic alternative that you can reuse for many years. There is a bit of a learning curve with it. But it is so fantastic I would never ever go back to ordinary tampons

Isn't that what they are for? Seriously I have worn them in the pool without a problem. I prefer the Playtex Sport and use 'super' for the fist few heavier days and then the regular there after.

Tampons today are designed so that you can wear them up to 8 hours. There's nothing to be concerned about.

Ummmmm......yeah, Just like BD said, I thought thats what tampons are for too.
Thats all I have ever really use them for.

I've always worn them while swimming without any issues. And yes, I would suggest frequent changes.

HI T., Sure you can wear a tampon while swimming...LOL that's the only time I ever did use one. Checking/changing them frequently is always a good idea to avoid the whole toxic shock thing. Have fun at your party!

1 / 3