Very, Very Faint Positive Pregnancy Test.

i just asked a question recently about whether or not my hubby and I should have another baby. Well we haven't talked about it since. Now yesterday I was at the store and decided to buy the equate brand pregnancy test just for fun. We use protection but have had sex a few times without a few weeks ago. I am still breastfeeding and haven't gotten my period yet so I have no idea when or if I have ovulated yet. So I took the test (both of them) and they had very, very faint positive signs. Like so faint I could just barely see them. it wasn't first morning urine but it was still a very faint blue line. I was kinda shocked. So today I went to the dollar store and bought another test. It can out negative. So....i don't know. Can you get a false positive ever? Or is the dollar store one just not as sensitive? I bought 2 dollar store test so I will take another tomorrow morning and see if the first morning urine helps at all. So what do you think? Could those first 2 be false positives?

Well I guess I'm not pregnant. I took the other dollar store test yesterday and it came out negative. So then I went and bought the first response 6 days sooner test. I took one last night (crazy right?) and it was a very faint pink line. But again like so faint almost not even there. Then this morning I did one with FMU and it still came out negative. So I'm not pregnant but I'm still kinda bothered by those first two test that looked like very faint positives. So yeah I guess no baby.

This happened to me. I even called the company and asked. If it's positive... even so faint that you have to squint to see the lines... it's still a positive :)

I would wait 4 or 5 days then take it again.

My 5 year old was the faintest line ever. He is hardly described as faint now though! That child has more life in him than anyone I've ever met!

Congrats!

Start the pregnancy vitamins NOW for that folic acid. In another week, take another test with first morning's urine. I think you really are pregnant.

Use a test with PINK dye, not blue dye, and use a test with two lines (| |), NOT the +/- test. Research shows that the blue dyes and the +/- tests tend to be harder to read.

That said, a false positive is not likely. I would try another test with first morning urine, but equate brands are fine. I used those for both of my first two pregnancies and sure enough, they were true!

I agree, it is very hard to get a false positive.
However, if they are blue dye tests...they are notorious for having a chance of a false positive.
There is just something about the blue dye. :(
If you google it-it is all over the internet.
I would wait a few days and retest w/ a pink dye test w/ first morning urine.
Best wishes!!!

I was told, a positive as faint as it may be, is positive ... per my Doc :)

Congrats!

I would be more suspicious of a false negative if I had pregnancy symptoms. I don't think you're as apt to get a false positive since the test is measuring a hormone. I would take one more test and follow the instructions exactly. The call your OBGYN. Congratulations. I have a couple close friends with their second (oops) child born close to their first. Two are 20 months apart, and another friend has 2 even closer. In both cases it worked out great for their families.

Each brand will have a different sensitivity, so it's possible the Equate tests picked up the hormone while the Dollar Store test didn't.

Like others have said, the blue line tests are not as reliable as the pink line tests. Go out and get either a digital one or a pink line test (First Response, or Answer) and take it tomorrow with first morning urine.

Good luck!!!

1 / 3