Two Year Old Bedtime

I am wondering what bedtime other two year olds have. We have been putting our two year old to bed about 7-730 for the last year or so and it has been working fine. He used to get up around 630am, but lately he has been waking around 530-6 on most days. I didn't think his bedtime was too early but now I am wondering if he should be going to be a little later. 530am is a little too early for him to start the day. He usually naps for 2 hours after lunch. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

My son will be 2 in August, since he was around 8 months we have put him to be anywhere between 8-9 typically 8:30 and he wakes around 7:30 on his own, I have to wake him up @ 7am to get him to his Daddy's in the morning. He is not completley used to the time and when I say it's nah night time he grabs his blanky and goes to bed. I say keep a routine maybe push back the time a bit and see what happens. I agree 5:30 is way to early for a child to start their day. good luck.

My 2 year old gets to watch cartoons in my bed from 8 to 8:30 and then it's off to her own bed. She usaually wakes around 7:30 the next morning.

My daughter, who will be 2 in august, goes to be between 8pm and 8:30pm. She gets up around 7/8am. Takes a 2hr nap around 2pm.

If she is really tired she has gone to bed at 7pm but she usually keeps going till about 8pm. Since it is lighter out later I like giving her the extra outside time... even though it is lighter earlier in the morning she usually sleeps till 7:30am.

My son is 17 months and goes to bed about 7. Typically sleeps until 6-630 on weekdays and 7 or 8 on weekends. A two hour nap is typical for him. He has been fighting me on bed the past couple of days, so I have been keeping him up until 715-730 and that really helps. I would definitly try a later bed time to keep him down later in the morning.

My (almost) 23 month old goes to bed at 8:00pm and wakes between 7-8 am. I can't remember the last time she went to bed as early as 7:00 pm. She takes one nap in the afternoon lasting anywhere from one hour to two and 1/2 hours depending on how busy the day has been.

My oldest is now 3 but since 3 months old her and she was in a schedule her bedtime's has always been 8 o'clock. She would sleep from 8pm-8am. Now I'm a stay at home mom with a 3 and 1 year old, my 1 year old goes to bed between 8-9 depending on when she had her 2nd nap and the 3 year old is around 9 (their dad works 12-14 hour days and I let them stay up a little longer so they can tell him good night when he comes hoem!). I think 8 is a good time. Good luck:-) I hope this helps.

my 2 year old goes to bed at 8:00, but doesn't fall asleep til about 8:30 or sometimes later. He just recently started fighting bedtime and messes around up there longer. He has been waking between 5:30-6:00 his entire life. Sometimes I get lucky and he sleeps till 6:30. He takes a 1.5-3 hour nap in the afternoon around 2:00. It seems I have tried everything and he still wakes early. I believe in some kids it's just their internal clock.

My 21 month old goes to bed at 8:30 now that it's light later and he still talks in there for a half an hour or so. He was waking up really early so we moved it back from 8 o'clock. Now he sleeps until about 8 am! Try moving it back in 15 minute intervals until it gets comfortable. and keep up a bedtime routine.

My two year old normally doesn't go to bed until 930 or 10 but she doesn't normally wake up until 730 either, sometimes even later. They recommend 8-10 hours of sleep per night at this age, so just figure out what time you would like him to get up and then backtrack from there.

1 / 3