Toys for a 4 Month Old Boy

Any suggestions for toys/activities for my 4 month old? I have: vibrating chair, Jumperoo, play saucer, play mat and stufed animals. He's getting bored with the vibrating chair, isn't much into the play mat and doesn't quite get the jumperoo yet. He is not sitting up or rolling over yet, but almost. I play with him all day long but my bag of tricks needs to be updated.

I ordered a couple of things from Discovery and will check out the different styles of balls that were suggested.
Thanks for the ideas. I get bored with the same old toys, too.

My daughter is 4 1/2 months old. She sits up with assistance. We have a high chair that reclines back a little and that is plenty for holding her up. So I have some large (non-chokeable) toys for her to play with. A few soft rattles. A teething butterfly. A wrist-rattle. In her car seat, we have the greatest thing... it's a row of toys that attaches to the handles. It gives her something to play with while in the seat. It has 3 little toys on it that spin around. My baby loves it... We got it at Wal-Mart. Good luck!

When my son was 4 months he loved toys that played music or toys that have bright lights. I loved to read to him and show him all the colorful pictures in the book. Also they have toys that you can lay your baby on the floor and they hang over them and play music and lights. My son is now 18 months old and he still loves this. I hope I have helped.

Anything with lights or music. I mean, anything! My dd LOVED music at this stage. We often would lay her on her tummy time mat and let her play. She would play on that thing for about an hour at a time. It gave me enough time to make dinner at least! My dd also loved those rings that hook together. I think the ones we have are called Link-A-Doos. They also have little nubys on them so they can be used when they are teething. If you take a toy away for a day or so, it will be like brand new the next time they play with it.

There is a toy at Babies R Us that is great. They have a ball, just a little bit bigger than a softball that has all kinds of holes all over in it. They can grasp it and hold easily. My son loved it.

Jellies O Ball by Rhino Toys $5-6

belly time is a great thing for babies even if they dont like it also try giving him like a pop bottle (ofcorse the top is off along with the ring and paper thats wraped around it ) my 5mo old loves that. really anything you can find in your home can be a toy as long as you are supervising him...

Sometimes overstimulation might be why your bag of tricks is running out. At 4 months, there aren't many things that hold their attention too long. A family favorite was the Leapster ball that spins on a holder and sings songs and lights up. They have them at Once Upon a Child a lot. Another thought are links. They are colorful and can make quite a long strand and they like to pull on them.

I don't have any magic answers, but this is just a thought. I have an 8 month old son and this has happened so many times with us. I'll give him a toy (or his play mat, or whatever) and he won't be interested. Then a few weeks or a month or so later I'll give it to him again and he will LOVE it. So maybe pull out some old toys that didn't work before or re-introduce something and maybe that will work. Soon your baby might begin liking the bouncy seat. We have the one that hangs in the doorway and my son absolutely loves it!!! He can bounce and bounce for sometimes more than an hour at a time. Good luck! :)

My youngest is almost 18mo. old now. He has always really liked his ball, from dollar general, and a book about animals and the sounds they make. Also, anything that makes noise! Happy kids equals headaches for mamas. I gave my son a wooden spoon and metal bowl when he was very young. He thought that was better than any toy I had ever bought. Godd luck M.. Shannon

1 / 3